The Student Room Group

i got a 9 math. ask me anything, (edexcel igcse higher tier A)

i also got 9s for bio, chem and phy if u need help with those subjects as well
Reply 1
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
i also got 9s for bio, chem and phy if u need help with those subjects as well

any maths tips about exam technique? I’m taking edexcel IGCSE higher A this year and I’m getting 9s in past papers but only just (I find quite a few marks I’m losing down to careless errors). also how do you do some of the end of paper questions, particularly mensuration ones? I never know what to do for those.
Original post by sk_5557
any maths tips about exam technique? I’m taking edexcel IGCSE higher A this year and I’m getting 9s in past papers but only just (I find quite a few marks I’m losing down to careless errors). also how do you do some of the end of paper questions, particularly mensuration ones? I never know what to do for those.

hi im so sorry for respnding so late. for math what i did was a bit diff... maths is a literal game and once u start seeing it as one, it will get easy. first make sure ur base concepts r 100% clear. u should be able to do the questions in the end of chap qs which r in the text. then, u need to start doing past papers. there r many things u need to think abt while doing them. which qs repeat the most? which qs do i take the most time in? which qs do i keep getting wrong? make sure u time urself and do the qs to put u in that exam mode. eventually as u do more and more you'll realise its all just the same thing over and over again. i did my gcse for math a this june and even if u lose like 20 marks per paper, u can STILL get a 9 so dont be so discouraged if u cant do the big 6 markers cuz u will get working marks and if u get everything else right, you'll be good.
Original post by sk_5557

for the weird qs at the end, it just comes with practice honestly. i just tried finding out everything i can and then seeing if these values can help me in anyway. even if u dont end up finding it, working marks are there soo...
a lot of these qs r very similar tho so make sure u understand all the end qs even if u dont get them right immediately
Reply 4
ah thanks, definitely will keep this in mind

Quick Reply

Latest