• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    :yes: a good teacher can definitely make or break a subject!! Im off, to bed - nice speaking to you!
    I should do the same
    It was, I might see you around :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Hey guys has anyone done their additional science ISA yet? If you did what was your score? And does anyone know what the mark will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heyy I have,I got 40 which was an A, it was a biology isa and I actually found it hard, so hoping I can get an A* next time, anyway I'm not too sure but I think it was 43 or 44 for an A* but it's not 100% confirmed as it hasn't been marked my examiners so there aren't any real grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Hey guys has anyone done their additional science ISA yet? If you did what was your score? And does anyone know what the mark will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one finding it really hard to pick my A levels? I'm so torn between spanish and English lit for my fourth I'll probably do biology, chemistry and maths as my main 3 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    Am I the only one finding it really hard to pick my A levels? I'm so torn between spanish and English lit for my fourth I'll probably do biology, chemistry and maths as my main 3 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You certainly won't be the only one.

Do you have any idea as to what you want to do after A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared about next year.

I know there's GCSEs to do first and stuff but it sounds like my boyfriend is going to college while I'm staying at sixth form.

Now this wouldn't be a problem in any other persons life, but I row. This takes up a considerable amount of time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday after school until 6, 1-4 Saturdays and Sundays, excluding competitions). This has meant that this year most of the time I have spent with my boyfriend has been at school as it's really hard to organise stuff outside school due to rowing and stuff he does.

I'm worried that next year a combination of rowing, the extra workload and him going to college will mean that I will hardly be able to see him. This makes me feel sad because I really do love him and I love spending time with him. I love rowing and don't want to give it up but I also don't want to give him up... Have any of you got any advice? If you have I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm deciding between R.S and Spanish for my fourth A Level and I really don't know which one to choose For my other three I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I'm deciding between R.S and Spanish for my fourth A Level and I really don't know which one to choose For my other three I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    R.S. - Language A Levels are the spawn of Satan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Haha thanks for the tips! To be honest, I'm still not sure if that would work for me since I ended up asking the teacher if I could do mine at lunchtime alone as we had the option to do that too. I still got a 7/10 which isn't that great :/ so I have to redo it
    That's a shame! Though 7/10 isn't that bad. Hopefully it will be better next time though! At least you get the option to redo it ... We don't. :mad: Which is annoying.

Good luck btw for the next one!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I just found out between 1-5th of December, I do mock exams for every subject. Not to mention my Biology ISAs on the 9th of December as well as my Computing coursework which needs to be handed in by the end of term (The 16th of December..?). This will be a long month .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    R.S. - Language A Levels are the spawn of Satan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year I was certain that I would choose R.S for A Level but now I'm starting to lean towards Spanish. I enjoy R.S a bit more but I'm worse at it and I'm working at a B or C grade at the moment. I enjoy Spanish less than R.S, although I'm working at an A grade. Argh I just can't decide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    That's a shame! Though 7/10 isn't that bad. Hopefully it will be better next time though! At least you get the option to redo it ... We don't. :mad: Which is annoying.

Good luck btw for the next one!
    Oh wow really? That sucks! I have to redo mine because my target is an A* and everyone has a target. If you're on target, you can't redo it so it's good that mine's quite high I know it's not too bad but I could have done better :P hopefully it goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Oh wow really? That sucks! I have to redo mine because my target is an A* and everyone has a target. If you're on target, you can't redo it so it's good that mine's quite high I know it's not too bad but I could have done better :P hopefully it goes well
    It does...

Aim for that target!
    Must be really annoying though for some who have a lower target than they are capable of achieving, then mess up and can't do it again.... Poor them.

How many chances/redos do you have? One or two or as many as you need?

Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was certain that I would choose R.S for A Level but now I'm starting to lean towards Spanish. I enjoy R.S a bit more but I'm worse at it and I'm working at a B or C grade at the moment. I enjoy Spanish less than R.S, although I'm working at an A grade. Argh I just can't decide

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that situation I'd go for spanish RS a level is very different from GCSE so you might not enjoy it as much. Also, spanish is apparently much more fun at A level because the content becomes more interesting than at GCSE. You seem to be better at it anyway, and a language is always going to be a valuable skill even after you leave school whatever you go on to do at uni, whereas as although RS is interesting it isn't as much of a facilitating or respected subject as a language and won't bring you as many opportunities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    It does...

Aim for that target!
    Must be really annoying though for some who have a lower target than they are capable of achieving, then mess up and can't do it again.... Poor them.

How many chances/redos do you have? One or two or as many as you need?

Hope it goes well!
    Yeah, since I'm in top set, pretty much everyone wants an A* and this girl got an A (which was her target) and asked to redo it but wasn't allowed since she's already on target so that's a bit annoying for her...
    I think you only get one extra chance because it's difficult to get the time to keep redoing them and stuff - I'm not really sure but I'm redoing mine after the mocks, thankfully! Yep I hope so too, getting really stressed out over this

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not personally, but I know a lot of people who are.

Something that helped a friend of mine was to attend the subject presentations at sixth form open evenings because she was able to see what the content of the courses would be like and if it would be something that would interest her.

I want to do Spanish, English, Maths and possibly classics - if it will fit, of course, because that will involve changing schools at lunch for me.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You will do better at A Level at what you enjoy. Language A Levels are terrible even if you love the language and are getting A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spanish is wonderful! (Okay, maybe I'm a little biased because it's my favourite a well as my strongest...)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Quintessentially)
    Spanish is wonderful! (Okay, maybe I'm a little biased because it's my favourite a well as my strongest...)
    Have you done an AS Language? They are the stuff of nightmares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    You will do better at A Level at what you enjoy. Language A Levels are terrible even if you love the language and are getting A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes language A levels so terrible? Personally, I'm really looking forward to studying Spanish at A level.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.