POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
rmanoj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think we really need to be worried about revenge attacks because:

1) The only people who are going to consider Osama a martyr are the crazies who already were members/ supporters of Al-Qaeda. I doubt their base of support is going to increase because of this, so they're not going to gain any more resources.

2) Al-Qaeda have presumably been trying their best against the US all along (why wouldn't they?), and mostly just failing. Without some extra resources, they're not suddenly going to be capable of pulling off a serious revenge attack, no matter how much they want to.
Relik93D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Very interesting news indeed.
Just waiting for pictures to confirm this.

Not too sure about the ones available on the internet at this current time.
JGR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
The US knew where he was hiding all this time. You're tellin me it took 10 years to track him down when they've got some of the most advanced tracking systems in the world?
They killed him now for a specific reason...
I'm not sure I agree with that. The US would have loved nothing better than to kill him as soon as possible.
The spotlight will soon be turned onto the Pakistanis, it's pretty obvious that there's been some inside assistance, and I expect some heads will soon be rolling.
slavetosociety
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JGR)
I'm not sure I agree with that. The US would have loved nothing better than to kill him as soon as possible.
The spotlight will soon be turned onto the Pakistanis, it's pretty obvious that there's been some inside assistance, and I expect some heads will soon be rolling.
So he was hiding right under their noses
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Enlighten me. An arbitrary definition of terrorism doesn't matter, the concept does.
the kind of bloke who arbitrates the murder of hundreds of people by having planes flown into thier offices would pretty much suffice i imagine.
Relik93D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Look photoshopped.
Amit92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He was living in a luxury mansion all along with a lavish lifestyle. Just amazing.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blueflare)
Lol, look up the definition of the word "terrorist" before you say stuff like that.
Are you retarded?

Serious question.
aspiringwhatever
Badges: 12
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
Pics or it didn't happen :mmm:
I don't know if anybody already posted this. And yes this is a real picture... Ten minutes ago it was on the website of a german newspaper, however they had to remove it because it is offensive or something... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=75&ty=76
Reminisce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OMG I just woke up, I had to read the BBC article 5 times to make sure that I wasn't being trolled... OMG
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, did I just hear that right? He was in a big ****ing compound hundreds of metres from a Pakistan 'sandhurst'?

.. seriously?!?!?! :eek: Reminds me of that strategy... want somewhere to hide? Go into your enemy's territory. Executed perfectly here.
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
Are you retarded?

Serious question.
:rofl:

What?
Darkphilosopher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, almost all the main topics on www.bbc.co.uk/news are about it
aspiringwhatever
Badges: 12
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Relik93D)

Look photoshopped.
The picture I just posted was just removed from the website of a german newspaper, so I doubt it's a fake. (It was removed because it was deemed too offensive/graphic, atleast that's their excuse for removing it
iainthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:rofl:

What?
Barack Obama is possibly the biggest terrorist in the world.
Seasick Steve
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I still think it should have been the SAS what got him.

It's a good development, but before anyone gets complacent, someone else is likely to take his place as the leader of Al Quaeda. What's also interesting is that he was killed in Pakistan, so does that mean the war on terror in Afghanistan is now over?
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
Barack Obama is possibly the biggest terrorist in the world.
Haha, okay, sure.

I have no intention of getting into internet arguments with people who fanatically hate America, seriously, I have way better things to do with my life. Calling me "retarded" won't goad me into one.

Let's all just come together in a state of mutual satisfaction about Bin Laden being dead.
iainthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, okay, sure.

I have no intention of getting into internet arguments with people who fanatically hate America, seriously, I have way better things to do with my life. Calling me "retarded" won't goad me into one.

Let's all just come together in a state of mutual satisfaction about Bin Laden being dead.
Sure, let's do that.

2 wars, a million dead, trillions of dollars spent. Totally worth it for the death of one man. Justice has been done, no more terrorism!

Fusilero
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol, look up the definition of the word "terrorist" before you say stuff like that.
ter-ror-rist
-noun
a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon
b. (as modifier): terrorist tactics

ter-ror-rism
–noun

1. systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal
2. the act of terrorizing
3. the state of being terrorized
Tonn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yay! he cant plot to kill people anymore! Result!

Still, have to feel sorry for any of his family that will miss him, it wasnt their fault he was a mass murdering dip****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads