The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

johnboy91
Probably the best game of his life. He's a hit and miss player. Usually more miss than hit.
Yup. One can't help to feel though that he'd do much better with better players around him.
Yup. One can't help to feel though that he'd do much better with better players around him.

Which he did 2nite:wink:
johnboy91
I thought Heskey was mediocre. Didn't particularly stand out.

Did you watch the game lol?:rolleyes:
Did you?
omg no one did
Heskey definitley stood out otnight - it was obvious

His chest on the gerrrard (who got fouled) was very good.
Reply 266
Lil_zak
Did you watch the game lol?:rolleyes:

I wouldn't have commented if I hadn't watched the game:rolleyes: . I said he didn't stand out to me because there were better players. Maybe if they had played poorly, he might have stood out and I might be able to recall more things which he did in the game.
Reply 267
Good win for England, largely down to Israel's passive approach, i still don't understand why England kept playing long balls and giving it back to the keeper when they were in a comfortable position especially near the end when they were 3-0 up.

When i watch Terry and Ferdinand, its like they're scared to have control of the ball, and just let Robinson take care of things and go for the long ball again. England may have won by 3, but after watching Germany vs Wales, Germany seem way ahead.

Anybody else share these views?
Welcome to :tsr: by the way. :wavey: Enjoy your stay, and make the most of this wonderful site. :smile:
Reply 269
Thanks, always extra special when the welcomes from an Arsenal fan! :smile::smile:
scared of Russia?
heh...what am i saying..of course you are!

:smile:
I am actually.

Hiddink will have us shut down in twenty minutes if McClaren tries his long ball trick. Pure hard graft is of little use against fine tactical preparation and a modicum of technique.
Ronaldo VII
Did you?

If you were asking me.. then ;yes; ofcourse I watched it
Reply 273
Hubert Poo
I am actually.

Hiddink will have us shut down in twenty minutes if McClaren tries his long ball trick. Pure hard graft is of little use against fine tactical preparation and a modicum of technique.

I totally agree.

And it is matches like this where McClaren's lack modicum of tactical knowledge, perhaps because he is really a coach and not a manager, will see us held to bore draws rather than scintilating wins. As far as i can see, we must deploy all our wingers to try and get behind the Russian back-line. If that means taking Joe Cole off, who does sometime narrow our play, and putting someone like Downing or Young on the left, then so be it. Cole should slide over to the middle to partner Gerrard instead of Barry because of his consistent displays.

With SWP and Ashley Young running down the flanks, backed up by bombing runs from Richards and Cashley we should quite easily penetrate their defence and get into more promising positions.
abrp
scared of Russia?
heh...what am i saying..of course you are!

:smile:

sad state of affairs for that to be happening eh? lol
if you want somebody to bring you back from nowhere, McLaren is probably as good as anyone. Remember Boro's UEFA Cup run? The only problem is, he'll need to be 4 down before they get going :frown:
I silly as it sounds, I am worried about Russia, lol..
Flash6289
I silly as it sounds, I am worried about Russia, lol..

Im not confident either. Dark times under McClaren.
I say let him prove he can get us qualified:biggrin:
Russia will have to play their 3rd choice keeper against us on Wednesday; Akinfeev is injured and their 2nd choice keeper got sent off at the weekend. Although their 3rd choice, Malafeev, saved the resulting penalty, it has to be a bonus for England as Akinfeev is quality (and I have him on FM).

Latest