Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    i just hope there are no long word questions, only calculations and equations
    100 marks of pure calculations and equations is wishful thinking dont you think? haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Branson98)
    I didn't realise you are hoping to study chemistry at uni and you made Bath your insurance! I'm hoping to study chemistry also, but I've made Bath my firm!
    yep, i really liked Bath need A*AA for my firm so Bath is quite likely tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    Uhmm, I have nothing to say other than you're severely misinformed? Not sure who told you this.

http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/a-lev.htm

doesn't look constant to me? That definitely isn't a set amount...
    what I mean is, it is within a range which is kept fairly constant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    I'm confused so which one do we do?? So is cathode positive or not
    Think of a Carbocation from the mechanisms we did in F324, CH3+ for example, Carbocation we mark with a + in a circle. So the cation is the postive terminal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    yep, i really liked Bath need A*AA for my firm so Bath is quite likely tbh
    Yeah Bath is so nice! I really hope I meet my offer, but it depend on how chem goes tomorrow and bio on Thursday. Nottingham is my insurance (AAB) which I also really like, but the city is a lot worse than Bath.

Good luck on getting your A*AA

ReputationRep:
    what I mean is, it is within a range which is kept fairly constant
    To keep that range constant they'll make this one harder. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone link me titration questions, I want to try some but i cant find solely those questions?

ReputationRep:
    100 marks of pure calculations and equations is wishful thinking dont you think? haha.
    yeah but i really hate word questions, all of my mistakes in f324 are from there. if they are not word questions that i'm familiar with (like buffer, difference in enthalpy of hydration/ lattice enthalpy), i would be completely lost.

ReputationRep:
    To keep that range constant they'll make this one harder. Trust me.
    like anyone needs to hear that on the day before an exam -.-

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me:
    -The terms ''dilute'' and concentrated and how it relates to MOLES eg. http://stsmith.co.uk/data/documents/...1-QP-Jun15.pdf 2c buffer q

Basically, how are moles affected in a solution when the volume is made up to another value..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Can someone explain to me:
    -The terms ''dilute'' and concentrated and how it relates to MOLES eg. http://stsmith.co.uk/data/documents/...1-QP-Jun15.pdf 2c buffer q

Basically, how are moles affected in a solution when the volume is made up to another value..
    what does that question have to do with buffers or dilute or concentrated?

ReputationRep:
    What is the purpose of the salt bridge? In the textbook it says it allows ions to be transferred between the cells but I dont get why it is needed.

ReputationRep:
    like anyone needs to hear that on the day before an exam -.-
    Agree, it is rather unhelpful speculation.

Lets face it this isn't going to be an "easy" paper, they never are. They're only easy if you consistently get 100% which there are not many that do. But equally if you have revised hard and get consistently good grades on past papers then it should not be too hard either. What benefit would they have in making this paper so hard everybody performs poorly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanAlam)
    What is the purpose of the salt bridge? In the textbook it says it allows ions to be transferred between the cells but I dont get why it is needed.
    It's to keep the charges balanced on both terminals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    Agree, it is rather unhelpful speculation.

Lets face it this isn't going to be an "easy" paper, they never are. They're only easy if you consistently get 100% which there are not many that do. But equally if you have revised hard and get consistently good grades on past papers then it should not be too hard either. What benefit would they have in making this paper so hard everybody performs poorly?
    They will be able to laugh at some of the ridiculous answers we put when they mark it.

ReputationRep:
    What can we deduce about equilibria from the values of Kc? Higher Kc = EQ further to right/higher yield of products?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    What can we deduce about equilibria from the values of Kc? Higher Kc = EQ further to right/higher yield of products?
    Higher KC means forward reaction is higher than lower KC, so more products, EQ further right.

ReputationRep:
    for Q7di) in june 14, why is the standard electrode potential negative? thanks

ReputationRep:
    HI , guys how many of the transition metal aqueous ion colours do we actually need to know. all of them? thought i should better start my revision now :P rip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezexamsalltheway)
    HI , guys how many of the transition metal aqueous ion colours do we actually need to know. all of them? thought i should better start my revision now :P rip
    yh you need to know ligand substitution colours, reactions with HCL and with hydroxide

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.