Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 10)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)

Wow, I'm glad to hear this. Well done! :yy:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. It was a nice success!
    Can't remember how much money I got last year when I sold on the garage sale, but let's say this: £20 is better off in my pocket, than in items that I am not using!

Anything that didn't sell will be sorted out and either sold on individually or as a job lot. I have 100 free eBay listings per day this month, and also have 25% off Final Value Fees on any listings until August 29, so that will definitely help me! Hopefully I'll be able to sell pretty much everything that I was going to sell, this way - meaning that I shall make more money through the items that I wanted to sell.

Notes:
    1) Unless there are any promos going on, you can only list 20 items for free in a given month - after the first 20 listings in a month, each listing is 35p each (regardless of whether the item sells or not), up to your allowance on your account.
    2) eBay charge a "Final Value Fee" (FVF) on each item that sells in either Auction or Buy It Now format. This is usually 10% of the full price (including postage charges) of what the item sells for. So for example, if an item sells for £10 including postage, eBay will take £1 off in fees. If an item sells for £20, plus £5 postage (i.e. total £25), eBay take £2.50 from the sale as the final value fee.
    Having 25% off the FVF cost will result in eBay taking 7.5% as fees instead of 10% - so for example, the £10 sale mentioned previously would have a FVF of £0.75, instead of £1.00, when covered with the 25% off FVF.
    3) In addition to this, PayPal will also take some money in fees; 3.4% of the total transaction value (including postage) plus 20p per transaction. This is only when the buyer pays via Paypal; other methods of payment (i.e. cash on collection) only have the eBay fee, and not the Paypal fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)

Thanks. It was a nice success!
    Can't remember how much money I got last year when I sold on the garage sale, but let's say this: £20 is better off in my pocket, than in items that I am not using!

Anything that didn't sell will be sorted out and either sold on individually or as a job lot. I have 100 free eBay listings per day this month, and also have 25% off Final Value Fees on any listings until August 29, so that will definitely help me! Hopefully I'll be able to sell pretty much everything that I was going to sell, this way - meaning that I shall make more money through the items that I wanted to sell.

Notes:
    1) Unless there are any promos going on, you can only list 20 items for free in a given month - after the first 20 listings in a month, each listing is 35p each (regardless of whether the item sells or not), up to your allowance on your account.
    2) eBay charge a "Final Value Fee" (FVF) on each item that sells in either Auction or Buy It Now format. This is usually 10% of the full price (including postage charges) of what the item sells for. So for example, if an item sells for £10 including postage, eBay will take £1 off in fees. If an item sells for £20, plus £5 postage (i.e. total £25), eBay take £2.50 from the sale as the final value fee.
    Having 25% off the FVF cost will result in eBay taking 7.5% as fees instead of 10% - so for example, the £10 sale mentioned previously would have a FVF of £0.75, instead of £1.00, when covered with the 25% off FVF.
    3) In addition to this, PayPal will also take some money in fees; 3.4% of the total transaction value (including postage) plus 20p per transaction. This is only when the buyer pays via Paypal; other methods of payment (i.e. cash on collection) only have the eBay fee, and not the Paypal fee.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the examples - I wouldn't have understood otherwise! You had plenty of detail there and I was left a bit speechless at the end of reading all of that
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the examples - I wouldn't have understood otherwise! You had plenty of detail there and I was left a bit speechless at the end of reading all of that
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! I thought I'd just add the examples in to give better clarity on the situation

Oh, and wait for it.. STOP PRESS!!!!

On TBAAJ, I have just had my admin and global moderator permissions completely removed, for no reason whatsoever. Why is this?!
    I hope I get them back... and quickly!

Pugalier

ReputationRep:

No worries! I thought I'd just add the examples in to give better clarity on the situation

Oh, and wait for it.. STOP PRESS!!!!

On TBAAJ, I have just had my admin and global moderator permissions completely removed, for no reason whatsoever. Why is this?!
    I hope I get them back... and quickly!

Pugalier

Thanks

Again? Wow, that's odd :/ Indeed, let's hope you get them back soon.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Again? Wow, that's odd :/ Indeed, let's hope you get them back soon.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries

It's a shame you don't have email, because I've taken some very funny screenshots and sent them (via email) to one of my friends - and would forward you them so you could see them!

Alternatively, just visit the TBAAJ website and look at the first few threads in General Discussion.

ReputationRep:
    No worries

It's a shame you don't have email, because I've taken some very funny screenshots and sent them (via email) to one of my friends - and would forward you them so you could see them!

Alternatively, just visit the TBAAJ website and look at the first few threads in General Discussion.

Haha oh wow! Those threads are quite something! I don't know if it's a bit harsh (based on reasons I've said before in PMs) but hopefully you'll get your admin and and moderator privileges :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh wow! Those threads are quite something! I don't know if it's a bit harsh (based on reasons I've said before in PMs) but hopefully you'll get your admin and and moderator privileges :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, I thought you'd like them!

Let's hope I get my privileges back - otherwise PT may as well just delete my username as I won't be going back there.

Btw, did you also take a look at the James_Wimpostor thread on there? If you did, you'll recognize the style of threads that I put up!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I thought you'd like them!

Let's hope I get my privileges back - otherwise PT may as well just delete my username as I won't be going back there.

Btw, did you also take a look at the James_Wimpostor thread on there? If you did, you'll recognize the style of threads that I put up!

Indeed!

No I didn't, I'll try and look for them now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Indeed!

No I didn't, I'll try and look for them now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha Here is the thread:
    http://thebritsareajoke.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=485

Of course, when PT did it, he aimed the posts at James_W, on the Virgin Media community. I, of course, aimed my posts at PT.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.