Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the I2 solubility question, I talked about permanent dipole-dipole forces not H bonds, do you think both are acceptable? Just googled this actually and apparently H bonds are technically a subset of permanent dipole-dipole forces
    Just hope OCR see it that way lol

ReputationRep:
    As somebody who likes maths and isn't actually that great at chemistry, didn't enjoy that paper very much. Was a distinct lack of maths, 2 questions on complex ions which is my worst topic and only about 4 marks for entropy which is my favourite topic. Overall still think I did fairly well, answered every question, didn't enjoy it as much as most of the past papers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NervousBoy)
    Step 1: H2O2 + I- ---> HI + HO2-Step2: Forgot?
    Step 3: Given
    Step 4: H+ + OH- ---> H2O

Anyone got anything along these lines?

I'm sure the mark scheme accepts other versions too
    HIO + OH- for step 1, instead of what you got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    was the water at 60c alkaline/acidic??
    I put alkali. Because i worked out neutral ph as 6.5 so 7 is greater than 6.5 therefor alkali.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Tbh I was expecting something way more challenging, especially the titration type calculations, I think the calculation to find X was only 5 marks, I thought they would include one which was worth more marks
    Idk I think it was better to have fewer marks on the titration question so there could be more questions overall? I ended up getting X= 5.33 but I'm hoping I'll get the method marks because I wrote out each step. I'm just annoyed about the AS stuff because I didn't retake F321

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghj1)
    Nope pale yellow to clear
    Was this Q 1 or 2 marks for both parts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    You're right and he's wrong. Didn't even add acid, it was adding salt.

-log(Ka/1.25) would have gave you the right answer.
    god bless u sir
    I used Henderson-Hasselbach tho x

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how x=4 for the last question if you remember your working out.

(Original post by HFancy1997)
    Everything correct except for the first number, it said 2 sf so 0.029

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool!

ReputationRep:
    im dead I start to think I lack talent to get good grades in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saira123x)
    Why was H+ not a catalyst!? I said it doesn't speed up the rate of reaction and is not reformed ?
    Wasn't sure I put about non-standard conditions looool

ReputationRep:
    It was bae.

Finished with 30 mins to spare, and yes I got 4H2O. Grade boundaries will be disgustingly high though. Similar to last year, maybe 1 higher.
    you are literally so annoying, me and 3 others from my college that are going to oxbridge said that it was definitely harder than last years and a lot of people found it hard. don't be so patronising to the other people you snob

ReputationRep:
    Acidic. Position of eqbm shifts to right at higher temperature, as it's endothermic.

The "actual pH" was 6.03
    It asked whether a ph of 7 is acidic/alkaline at 60 degrees, so using the new Kw, you get that the concentration of oh- is larger than the conc of H+ so it is alkaline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biostudentx)
    hio + oh- for step 1, instead of what you got.
    h2o2 + i- > hoi + oh-
    hoi + i- > i2 + oh-
    given
    2oh- + 2h+ > 2h2o

ReputationRep:
    Everything correct except for the first number, it said 2 sf so 0.029 it also said standard from so 2.9x10-2 I'm afraid probs -1 mark tho so not too much to worry about, didn't spot that one till second time round

pH of the buffer was 3. something. Anyone who wrote anything else got it wrong.
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Some answers I scribbled down:

Hopefully I did well enough for an A overall. Chemistry is now over. Hell yeah!
    Yes bois

I think I lost a mark on the first one for wrong s.f :/

And the buffer one, you were simply adding x moles NO2-...

ReputationRep:
    Acidic. Position of eqbm shifts to right at higher temperature, as it's endothermic.

The "actual pH" was 6.03
    im sure it was Alkaline...Or did I make a *****y error-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiewei)
    I put alkali. Because i worked out neutral ph as 6.5 so 7 is greater than 6.5 therefor alkali.
    i did it by finding out the concentration of (h+) and the concentration of (oh-) and since the concentration of (oh-) was most than (h+), this shows that it was in fact alkaline, but few others did it your way too so i assume your method might be correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlam)
    Anyone think that exam was bae?

(oh, except that question at the bottom of the second to last page)

Anyone get 4H2O for the last Question?
    Anyone finish with 45 minutes to spare?
    Im sure when i say this. I speak on the behalf of majority of students that this exam was not "bae" .. but paper was adequate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Everything correct except for the first number, it said 2 sf so 0.029

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't it also say in standard form? I put 2.9 X 10^-2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.