The Student Room Group

GCSE Dropping subjects Advice: Is 10A*s better than 10A* and 1B/c

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Calllu-m
I was going by this years entry. My best friend is applying for medicine and can't because he has an A in English language and 7 A*s in total

I can only get 10A*s and a B in English Lang. Can I not get into Imperial, UCL or KCL who is higher in league tables for medicine. Oh ****!!
Youll need some medicine to deal with that cough alright
Reply 22
Do you think straight A's, not A*'s with the odd B could qualify for uni's like Oxbridge or LSE?
Original post by JamalAhmed
I can only get 10A*s and a B in English Lang. Can I not get into Imperial, UCL or KCL who is higher in league tables for medicine. Oh ****!!

You have been misguided if you think league tables for medicine mean anything. You need to check their minimum requirements as some may require an A. Go on their websites, they will tell you this.

Unless a medical school requires an A or above in English Language (some do) then providing you have science and maths in those 10 A*, then you should be fine for everywhere.

As it so happens, I have checked all three of those and based on your other subjects, you fulfil the minimum requirements.
Original post by JamalAhmed

I don't know I was talking about Birmingham.

Quick Reply

Latest