Can you get a* at gcse's from night before revision ???

Watch
childishgambin0
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
PLZ someone give me hope )))))))))))):// safe
xyz9856
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This obviously depends on the person, subjects like science if you have a good memory you could probably memorise the course the night before. I didn't pay attention in english and managed to get AA in lit and lang just from youtube the night before.

This isn't recommended, however looking back its absolutely possible to get A* in every subject barring languages with revision, starting now.

Spent about 30 hours on each of the sciences and ended up with A* in triple science, not too difficult just do practice.
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
(Original post by xyz9856)
This obviously depends on the person, subjects like science if you have a good memory you could probably memorise the course the night before. I didn't pay attention in english and managed to get AA in lit and lang just from youtube the night before.

This isn't recommended, however looking back its absolutely possible to get A* in every subject barring languages with revision, starting now.

Spent about 30 hours on each of the sciences and ended up with A* in triple science, not too difficult just do practice.
thank u, that's motivated me big time...
but LANGUAGES lol i don't know any vocab
xyz9856
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by childishgambin0)
thank u, that's motivated me big time...
but LANGUAGES lol i don't know any vocab
languages are the hardest to cram, i completely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed it up personally
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, in theory.

Obvious exceptions would be Maths and linguistics, unless you have a preexisting high ability, as they require practice over an extended period of time.
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Yes, in theory.

Obvious exceptions would be Maths and linguistics, unless you have a preexisting high ability, as they require practice over an extended period of time.
THANK GOD FOR THAT BECAUSE MATHS IS THE ONLY SUBJECT I'VE PROPERLY BEEN REVISING SINCE JAN
german... on the other hand :/
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
(Original post by xyz9856)
languages are the hardest to cram, i completely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed it up personally
it's funny because i stared learning vocab in january, it was all going well and then boom, i gave up

now i need to come to terms with the fact that i don't know what ANYTHING in that language means
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
THANK GOD FOR THAT BECAUSE MATHS IS THE ONLY SUBJECT I'VE PROPERLY BEEN REVISING SINCE JAN
german... on the other hand :/
Well I, of course, am not aware of your ability, hence I said "in theory".

Yeah, languages can be shite sometimes, and I can say that from first-hand experience. (it's French in my case)
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
honestly, I am in the same situation like I'm taking 11 and I've only properly stared revising for 2 (
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Well I, of course, am not aware of your ability, hence I said "in theory".

Yeah, languages can be shite sometimes, and I can say that from first-hand experience. (it's French in my case)
ah I dropped french for a reason
childishgambin0
Rep:
?
I'm with you on this!
In all fairness, my friend started revising just after easter for most subjects and still got 7a*s and 4a's so there's nothing to say that we can't do it!!
CraigBackner
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm with you on this!
In all fairness, my friend started revising just after easter for most subjects and still got 7a*s and 4a's so there's nothing to say that we can't do it!!
you still havent finshed making notes/learning the content?
kitkash
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I did revision for 2 hours the night before the exam and got an A - few marks off an A* so yh you can do it
Jesusthesavior
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 6A*s with night before revision. Wouldnt recommend, i underperformed a lot.
physicsamor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol it worked for English lit for me, but then again I had annotated all the poems and stories during lesson time so I was just reading through it all. Managed to get an A in ict the night before and I knew nothing that was a miracle tbh
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jesusthesavior)
I got 6A*s with night before revision. Wouldnt recommend, i underperformed a lot.
oh please
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well idk if its bad or not, but really you should of finished learning the content and started doing past papers
Jesusthesavior
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CraigBackner)
oh please
If you're naturally talented, GCSEs are easy and a complete joke. I didn't even bother to revise for some of them.
__SiMx__
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jesusthesavior)
LOOOL yep definitely 'underperformed'
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Memorise the specification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8.7%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.52%
I need help with my personal statement (22)
47.83%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
21.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.17%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads