The Student Room Group

Can you get a* at gcse's from night before revision ???

PLZ someone give me hope :smile:)))))))))))):// safe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This obviously depends on the person, subjects like science if you have a good memory you could probably memorise the course the night before. I didn't pay attention in english and managed to get AA in lit and lang just from youtube the night before.

This isn't recommended, however looking back its absolutely possible to get A* in every subject barring languages with revision, starting now.

Spent about 30 hours on each of the sciences and ended up with A* in triple science, not too difficult just do practice.
Original post by xyz9856
This obviously depends on the person, subjects like science if you have a good memory you could probably memorise the course the night before. I didn't pay attention in english and managed to get AA in lit and lang just from youtube the night before.

This isn't recommended, however looking back its absolutely possible to get A* in every subject barring languages with revision, starting now.

Spent about 30 hours on each of the sciences and ended up with A* in triple science, not too difficult just do practice.

thank u, that's motivated me big time...
but LANGUAGES lol i don't know any vocab :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by childishgambin0
thank u, that's motivated me big time...
but LANGUAGES lol i don't know any vocab :smile:

languages are the hardest to cram, i completely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed it up personally
Yes, in theory.

Obvious exceptions would be Maths and linguistics, unless you have a preexisting high ability, as they require practice over an extended period of time.
Original post by _gcx
Yes, in theory.

Obvious exceptions would be Maths and linguistics, unless you have a preexisting high ability, as they require practice over an extended period of time.

THANK GOD FOR THAT BECAUSE MATHS IS THE ONLY SUBJECT I'VE PROPERLY BEEN REVISING SINCE JAN
german... on the other hand :/
Original post by xyz9856
languages are the hardest to cram, i completely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed it up personally

it's funny because i stared learning vocab in january, it was all going well and then boom, i gave up

now i need to come to terms with the fact that i don't know what ANYTHING in that language means
THANK GOD FOR THAT BECAUSE MATHS IS THE ONLY SUBJECT I'VE PROPERLY BEEN REVISING SINCE JAN
german... on the other hand :/

Well I, of course, am not aware of your ability, hence I said "in theory".

Yeah, languages can be shite sometimes, and I can say that from first-hand experience. :redface: (it's French in my case)
honestly, I am in the same situation like I'm taking 11 and I've only properly stared revising for 2 :frown:(
Original post by _gcx
Well I, of course, am not aware of your ability, hence I said "in theory".

Yeah, languages can be shite sometimes, and I can say that from first-hand experience. :redface: (it's French in my case)

ah I dropped french for a reason
I'm with you on this!
In all fairness, my friend started revising just after easter for most subjects and still got 7a*s and 4a's so there's nothing to say that we can't do it!!
I'm with you on this!
In all fairness, my friend started revising just after easter for most subjects and still got 7a*s and 4a's so there's nothing to say that we can't do it!!

you still havent finshed making notes/learning the content?
Reply 12
Well I did revision for 2 hours the night before the exam and got an A - few marks off an A* so yh you can do it
I got 6A*s with night before revision. Wouldnt recommend, i underperformed a lot.
Lol it worked for English lit for me, but then again I had annotated all the poems and stories during lesson time so I was just reading through it all. Managed to get an A in ict the night before and I knew nothing that was a miracle tbh
Original post by Jesusthesavior
I got 6A*s with night before revision. Wouldnt recommend, i underperformed a lot.

oh please
well idk if its bad or not, but really you should of finished learning the content and started doing past papers
Original post by CraigBackner
oh please

If you're naturally talented, GCSEs are easy and a complete joke. I didn't even bother to revise for some of them.
Original post by Jesusthesavior

LOOOL yep definitely 'underperformed'
Memorise the specification

Quick Reply

Latest