The Student Room Group

Hi everyone. I am new in this forum. Can you help me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michelle-Annie
Thank you. I can not wait for the GCSE exams to be over. I then will be sitting my Cambridge Advanced English Certificate during the summer and doing my Access To Higher Education for next academic year. It is all about time management, practice and discipline. It is hard to do all of these with my young child but at least the worse will be done before she starts primary school and I then will have more time for her. Right now, and for the past year, she is having the time of her life being full time in pre-school :u: Playing, drawing, painting, singing, exploring and making friends :smile: She loves it!

Aww she sounds so adorable and I have utter respect for you juggling that, a lot of us on here who are students don't juggle that so we have it a lot easier in a way and it's less hectic. You must have some determination in you! And access courses are so intensive yet fulfilling but I'm sure you'll be able to manage it all! :smile:
Original post by Rhythmical
Aww she sounds so adorable and I have utter respect for you juggling that, a lot of us on here who are students don't juggle that so we have it a lot easier in a way and it's less hectic. You must have some determination in you! And access courses are so intensive yet fulfilling but I'm sure you'll be able to manage it all! :smile:

No rest for the wicked ;-) Talking about rest, it is time for me to 'retire':-D Good night.
Original post by Michelle-Annie
No rest for the wicked ;-) Talking about rest, it is time for me to 'retire':-D Good night.

Aww good night to you too!
Original post by FJ13
at first I thought you were a 16 year old who had a baby when you were 13 lmao

I suppose. I logged myself in the wrong student room :-D Although, to be honest, I don't miss my teenage era :-D
I cant offer advice but good luck in the future and God bless you and your child.
Thank you. everyone.
And a word of advice from 'an old lady':
If you can study now while you are young and without responsibility, seize your opportunity and never look back. I didn't, and now, I am paying the ultimate price.
Good night.
;-)
Good morning everyone.

So, if I manage to get a C (let assume a 46/80 with my final exam) what do the 52/90 Controlled Assessments account for?

My understanding was that the exam account to 60% and the controlled assessments to 40% of the final grade.
Therefore, since the final exam is over 80 marks but represents 60% of the final grade, one should divide his/her marks by 80 and then mutiply by 60. Then, add all the controlled assessments to get the sum over 90. Divide the total marks gained by 90, then multiply by 40. Once all marks have been turned into standard percentages add them, then divide by 100, then multiply by 80. The result will be your final grade. Such as 46/80 with my examples. Finally, you can compare your marks with the boundary grades from previous years bearing in mind those boundaries may not be the same this year.

Michelle-Annie
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow! I am amazed!

Thank you for forwarding me the answer I required. You know who you are. :smile:
I suppose, I won't be back until the end of my final exams, now. 10 days to go for the English Language and 12 days to go for the Higher Maths: revision time!

Good luck everyone and thank you.

x Michelle-Annie

Quick Reply

Latest