The Student Room Group

Hello

Hi everyone
Just a message to introduce myself - I am Karen.

I am 61 years old and returning to study for the first time since school, so very nervous about whether or not the old brain can actually absorb new information. I am starting off with the S112 module, although my interests are definitely going to be leading me to the biology path.

I am in Lancashire if anyone is near the FY8 postcode and would like to meetup or chat. I am always around to give support to anyone who might need it as well.

I have two (very naughty) dogs, a black patterdale called Darkeyes and a chihuahua called Chico. They keep me extremely busy and are seasoned thieves! :h:

Many may not of heard of it, but I am a cauda equina sufferer and often use my wheelchair or scooter to get around and I have a frame indoors. Some days I am in a lot of pain, but I try to push through it.

Wishing everyone all the best in their journey with the OU and please don't be nervous about chatting with me :smile:

Karen
Original post by shunii62
Hi everyone

I am 61 years old and returning to study for the first time since school, so very nervous about whether or not the old brain can actually absorb new information. I am starting off with the S112 module, although my interests are definitely going to be leading me to the biology path.

I am in Lancashire if anyone is near the FY8 postcode and would like to meetup or chat. I am always around to give support to anyone who might need it as well.

I have two (very naughty) dogs, a black patterdale called Darkeyes and a chihuahua called Chico. They keep me extremely busy and are seasoned thieves! :h:

Many may not of heard of it, but I am a cauda equina sufferer and often use my wheelchair or scooter to get around and I have a frame indoors. Some days I am in a lot of pain, but I try to push through it.

Wishing everyone all the best in their journey with the OU and please don't be nervous about chatting with me :smile:

Karen

Hello, and welcome to TSR! :smile:

It's very unusual to have such an mature (can I say that?) student here on TSR. Good for you for getting back into education after such a prolonged gap.

If you need any help finding your way around, just shout. If you haven't found it already, you'll probably want to check out the Open University forum, here.
Reply 2
Original post by shunii62
Hi everyone

Karen

Welcome to TSR! It's great to have you here. I see the wonderful @DataVenia has already linked you to our Open university forum.

You may also wish to check out our mature students forum and our animals and pets forum. Your dogs sound adorable!

Hope your studying goes well and if you need any help finding anything just let us know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest