Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
lol 4get the message i sent den hehe
Reply 401
In dubai, we're doing it at 3:20 pm....
Thats like, 11: 20 london time. :/
Bugger. Its in like 3 hours time.:frown:
wuts bubble chamber?? :frown:
It's a chamber used for detecting charged particles. The chamber is filled with a superheated liquid, mostly hydrogen. As the particle moves through the chamber, the liquid vaporises around the ions, forming bubbles. The chamber can the be expanded by a piston to increase the size of the bubbles, and a photograph taken. There is a magneti field accross the chamber, causing circular paths, where the radius is proportional to the momentum of the particle, and differently charged particles spiral in different directions.

Hope that helps
Reply 404
valentine_strongrod
wuts bubble chamber?? :frown:

its a chamber with liquid hydrogen and charged particles ionise the hydrogen particles and leaves a trace behind to create bubbles which will then reflect the light in the photograph
good luck all:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 405
man i just lost my notes on spark/drift chambers :frown:

can anyone explain it please?
Reply 406
spark chamber - box with charged plates and a gas in it, used to detecting charged particles. As the particle arrives it ionises the gas. a trigger system is used to increase the electric field and produce a spark wherever the particle is located
Reply 407
my exam is in 1 hour and 45 mins btw.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL =)
Reply 408
Whats a drift chamber? Our teacher never taught it to us so I assumed we didn't need to know it but it keeps poping up on these threads.
Good luck everyone! Don't stress yourselves out. You need to walk into that exam calm to be able to do well.
gigguk
Whats a drift chamber? Our teacher never taught it to us so I assumed we didn't need to know it but it keeps poping up on these threads.

I doubt it would come up, but it is similar to a spark chamber - only a newer version. I didn't really revise that too much so I'm not incredibly sure on that.
I'm gonna go to school to finish off physics once and for all.

Laters, and good luck :biggrin:
closed due to 12 hour rule - see announcement.

Latest