The Student Room Group

Last.fm

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JK471993
Your musical compatibility with Walsandrew is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Foals, Wild Beasts, Four Tet, Caribou and The Smiths.

Glad to see Radiohead and Joy Division in top position!

http://www.last.fm/user/jamiekelly12

Your musical compatibility with jamiekelly12 is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Warpaint, The Drums, The Cure, Washed Out and Crystal Stilts.

Woop! :biggrin: *high fives*

Your musical compatibility with glitterbug94 is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes Damien Rice, MGMT, R.E.M., Foo Fighters and Oasis.

....I wasn't aware I had any Foo Fighters or Oasis. :confused: Ah well.....

http://www.last.fm/user/CaptainGraphite
Original post by Mr. Snrub
Your musical compatibility with glitterbug94 is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes Damien Rice, MGMT, R.E.M., Foo Fighters and Oasis.

....I wasn't aware I had any Foo Fighters or Oasis. :confused: Ah well.....

http://www.last.fm/user/CaptainGraphite

Shame on you! :lol: Although you do have Damien Rice and REM, so I'll let you off :smile:
In my sig, some of you have fine taste I must say
Your musical compatibility with CaptainGraphite is Very Low (6.0873627662659%)

Music you have in common includes Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Black Sabbath and Nine Inch Nails.

As I didn't know I listened to Nine Inch Nails...

http://last.fm/users/Joe_Towse
Original post by steve_holt
Highly endorse!

Add me up if you like : www.last.fm/user/walsandrew

Your musical compatibility with Walsandrew is Very Low (4.7592%)

Music you have in common includes Black Sabbath, The Kinks, The Supremes, Mobb Deep and Death Cab for Cutie.

That's very low lol

Your musical compatibility with glitterbug94 is Very Low (6.81013%)

Music you have in common includes Duck Sauce, Elton John, The Beach Boys, Eminem and Bruno Mars.

This one isn't much higher!

Original post by robo donkey
In my sig, some of you have fine taste I must say

Your musical compatibility with Cliff_Mustaine is High (60.2301%)

Music you have in common includes Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, System of a Down and The Subways.

Highest I've had on here for a while! ^ All bands I saw at Download last year (minus The Subways)

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Your musical compatibility with CaptainGraphite is Very Low (6.0873627662659%)

Music you have in common includes Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Black Sabbath and Nine Inch Nails.

As I didn't know I listened to Nine Inch Nails...

http://last.fm/users/Joe_Towse

Your musical compatibility with Joe_Towse is Very Low (5.25678%)

Music you have in common includes Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Machine Head and Megadeth.

^ Btw in the url, it is user not users :smile:
Reply 6766
http://www.last.fm/user/dominokle

But I haven't been using it that much lately, I listened to lots of music in youtube.
Anyone else find it a bit annoying when they're playing their personal library radio and certain songs seem to get played so much, whilst some other songs don't seem to get played at all that much, if ever? I mean, a bit more of a mix would be nice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone else find it a bit annoying when they're paying their personal library radio and certain songs seem to get played so much, whilst some other songs don't seem to get played at all that much, if ever? I mean, a bit more of a mix would be nice.

i get a LOT of ambient artists come up, even though I only have 1-2 plays for them I got when playing the ambient station, and ALWAYS seem to get spreading the disease by agoraphobic nosebleed at least once.
Reply 6769
http://www.last.fm/user/Kvitkvit
Add me and leave me post on my page :smile:
Why is it that when i look at some peoples profiles their charts have different amount of artists? Like on mine, and most others, it's always the top 15, but on others I have seen only 5, or 30 or 50. How can I get mine to show more on it?
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Why is it that when i look at some peoples profiles their charts have different amount of artists? Like on mine, and most others, it's always the top 15, but on others I have seen only 5, or 30 or 50. How can I get mine to show more on it?

Just click on settings above the list of artists and you can change the number and the time frame :smile:
Original post by ColyTom
Just click on settings above the list of artists and you can change the number and the time frame :smile:

thanks, thats a lot more useful for me. Really simple, but I've been wondering for years
Original post by Betacra
Mine:
http://www.last.fm/user/betacra5

inb4:
"Your musical compatibility with betacra5 is LOW, music you have in common includes The Beatles, Blur, Oasis, Led Zeppelin and Mew"

Music you have in common includes F*cked Up, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Animal Collective and Arctic Monkeys.

Obviously one odd one out to an extent there. I've only listened to a couple of their tunes. Never really liked anything hardcore before, but really liked what i heard. Any recommendations for albums and shiz?

Original post by steve_holt
Highly endorse!

Add me up if you like : www.last.fm/user/walsandrew

Like the taste my son. If anyone gets this inside joke then they earn some pointless kudos from me.

Music you have in common includes **** Buttons, Apparat, Moderat, The Field and Four Tet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6774
Original post by Gob Bluth
Music you have in common includes F*cked Up, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Animal Collective and Arctic Monkeys.

Obviously one odd one out to an extent there. I've only listened to a couple of their tunes. Never really liked anything hardcore before, but really liked what i heard. Any recommendations for albums and shiz?

Well I guess their most recent album David Comes to Life is hardcore punk but it's set out like a rock opera, great album but it it about 77 minutes long so quite hard to get into. The guitar work on this album is so good I must say.

The Chemistry of Common Life is about 52 minutes and is far more digestible. I think it's best to start with this album.

Then listen to Hidden World last I'd say.

All their work is fantastic though, definitely one of the best hardcore punk bands around today.

Half of them don't seem to be on youtube, but you can find them easily for DL. Enjoy.
Original post by Betacra
Well I guess their most recent album David Comes to Life is hardcore punk but it's set out like a rock opera, great album but it it about 77 minutes long so quite hard to get into. The guitar work on this album is so good I must say.

The Chemistry of Common Life is about 52 minutes and is far more digestible. I think it's best to start with this album.

Then listen to Hidden World last I'd say.

All their work is fantastic though, definitely one of the best hardcore punk bands around today.

Half of them don't seem to be on youtube, but you can find them easily for DL. Enjoy.

Cheers, Queen of Hearts is the song that made me consider them. The guitar on that is quite simply awesome. Love that song. It's a genre i've never really considered, mainly due to not really liking shouting in music :colondollar: So it's new territotry for me, which is something i like!
www.last.fm/user/sirmasterkey for me.

Would check my compatibility with others now but it would take a while considering it took my machine about 1.5 minutes to open this web page :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6777
Cheers, Queen of Hearts is the song that made me consider them. The guitar on that is quite simply awesome. Love that song. It's a genre i've never really considered, mainly due to not really liking shouting in music :colondollar: So it's new territotry for me, which is something i like!

Not liking "shouting" or harsher vocals is entirely understandable. It's an acquired taste, something I got into through metal first and now it doesn't phase me and often enhances the music. There's far more raw energy in hardcore music than most other genres.

If you like the solid guitar ****ed Up has to offer, then you should definitely check out Bad Brains. They're one of the main pioneering bands of hardcore punk and they have, in my opinion, the greatest guitarwork of any hardcore punk band ever.

Original post by Betacra
Not liking "shouting" or harsher vocals is entirely understandable. It's an acquired taste, something I got into through metal first and now it doesn't phase me and often enhances the music. There's far more raw energy in hardcore music than most other genres.

If you like the solid guitar ****ed Up has to offer, then you should definitely check out Bad Brains. They're one of the main pioneering bands of hardcore punk and they have, in my opinion, the greatest guitarwork of any hardcore punk band ever.

Cheers man.

I mean i'm sure it's like a lot of things. If you open your mind up to anything good then you will like it. I used to be anti a lot of music i'm into now, just because i didn't really see why it was so good. Basically needing to listen to a couple of fringe artists to get you into something completely new. Being thrown into the deep end as it were is more likely to help you dislike a music genre. I'm sure i could get into all of this hardcore punk stuff, and metal in general (as i've never really got into it), but it's having the time to listen to such a broad amount of music and opening your mind up to it all. Struggling to keep up with a small part of electronic music atm for example. Also i guess i'm happy enough as there isn't big hardcore/metal scenes around Bristol. A huge electronic one and that's generally what my mates are into so yeh it's nice i guess that i've gone down a path which i can enjoy in many different venues loads of nights a week with mates :smile:

Like the taste my son. If anyone gets this inside joke then they earn some pointless kudos from me.

Music you have in common includes **** Buttons, Apparat, Moderat, The Field and Four Tet.

You get more than pointless kudos from me. The film's confirmed for latter this year, so psyched. Add me up mate.

Steve Holt!

Quick Reply

Latest