Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Received an interview at St. Anne's college for Philosophy and Beginner's Modern Greek, so happy to know the stress of the wait was worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm pretty new around here, but I just got an interview from Jesus College for French and German! Has anyone else applied for MFL at Jesus? It would be really great to know someone before going, as it's all seeming a little too real and scary now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KKeyser1)
    It's quite niche I suppose no, just times for when to get there - 4ish days! why so long haha!? Have you?
    Now is not the time for 4 days out of VI form! I have, Wednesday morning at the Taylorian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    Well done!!!!
    Congrats! What subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    Well done!!!!
    Thank you! Well done to you too!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by africalw)
    Congrats! What subject?
    Thank you😊 Modern languages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcan)
    Has anyone heard for Wadham history and English? X
    Another History and English applicant (although I've applied to Pembroke)! It doesn't seem as if Wadham has sent out any history or history & joint schools invites/rejections yet, but I imagine you'll hear either way in the next 48 hours due to the whole 7 days before interview thing.

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students...te-information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Another History and English applicant (although I've applied to Pembroke)! It doesn't seem as if Wadham has sent out any history or history & joint schools invites/rejections yet, but I imagine you'll hear either way in the next 48 hours due to the whole 7 days before interview thing.

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students...te-information
    Thanks! Good luck with everything!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FelixJoelBrooke)
    Not particularly sure, i looked at statistics for last yearand it seemed to be in the lower band in terms of subscribers
    Could you please link that? I applied for BioMed at St.John's as well.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'

I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for engineering? Especially at St Catz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'

I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??
    I would just phrase an answer as I didn't like X as much as I liked Y. Not that you hated it or anything, you just didn't love it as much.

Surely they are not expecting you be equally fascinated with every aspect of economics anyway.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got an interview for Classics I?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Has anyone heard anything from physics at Merton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankhlor)
    Hi! Has anyone heard anything from physics at Merton?
    Nope. Maybe tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ememoville)
    Has anyone heard anything for engineering? Especially at St Catz
    I am also waiting. Applied for Electrical Engg at LMH.
    How about you ? Which branch did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alegonperez)
    Nope. Maybe tomorrow?
    I hope so. Everyone else is hearing back from their colleges, and it would be so bad to have prepared for the interview and then get told at the last minute that you won't be getting one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    I am also waiting. Applied for Electrical Engg at LMH.
    How about you ? Which branch did you apply?
    I applied for general but basically mechanical - still haven't heard anything, don't think anyone has heard much for engineering yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skygliderjack)
    I haven't got any response from Worcester either
    you should find out atleast a week before the interview dates

ReputationRep:
    I'm required to be in Oxford from Wednesday 9th - Friday 11th next week, but because I have to be there early on Wednesday I put on my feedback form that I'll be arriving on Tuesday and my college has said they will provide accommodation. But I'm not really sure what to do - do I just turn up at the college on Tuesday or will they send more info?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.