The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any advice for revising AS chemistry?? just under a month till the actual exam

Also, any predictions on the 6+ markers possibly?

For those who have done the Specimen paper 1 set 1 and 2, do you feel the real exam will be harder or easier then this ??
Original post by Science_help
Anyone got any advice for revising AS chemistry?? just under a month till the actual exam

Also, any predictions on the 6+ markers possibly?

For those who have done the Specimen paper 1 set 1 and 2, do you feel the real exam will be harder or easier then this ??

I have to say those specimen papers were really hard. I hope they dont make it as hard as that but its quite clear that this year will be hella of a lot harder than the previous AS exams.
Website
Original post by Sarahnhvgui
Can I get the specimen papers please
Reply 84
Set 2 paper 1 was so difficult 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo ppl made a thread for the set 2 papers and mark scheme, check it out
Original post by OneandOnly123
yo ppl made a thread for the set 2 papers and mark scheme, check it out

link??
Reply 87
I have done the 2 specimen papers that are on the aqa webiste, but does anyone have any other specimens, I heard there were 2 more? Thanks :smile:
Original post by crimsixisthebest
Link not working.....

ehh it works for me.
Is there any way to get set 2 papers? I wanted to do some more practice on these...
Ask your teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marshall1999
Ask your teacher

she says she doesnt know about them...probably BS'ing
Guys I'm literally shitting myself about chemistry, I go to a good school and I got the highest mark for the mock in my year but it was only 55%!!! I don't even know what to do :frown: Does anyone have any tips for answering the 6 markers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Christie_xx
Guys I'm literally shitting myself about chemistry, I go to a good school and I got the highest mark for the mock in my year but it was only 55%!!! I don't even know what to do :frown: Does anyone have any tips for answering the 6 markers?

Try and do 6 markers as bullet points and reduce them to key words to remember

Do as many 6 mark questions as possible!
Reply 96
Where can we get 6 marker questions to practise?
Original post by Workangel_24
Try and do 6 markers as bullet points and reduce them to key words to remember

Do as many 6 mark questions as possible!

Ahh thank you so much, this is along the lines of what my teacher said too. You've put so many helpful resources on this thread, thank you!!
Can anyone message me with the mark schemes for the 2nd set of specimen papers?
If i continue to do a2 chemistry, will my as grade count towards my overall grade?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending