Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any advice for revising AS chemistry?? just under a month till the actual exam

Also, any predictions on the 6+ markers possibly?

For those who have done the Specimen paper 1 set 1 and 2, do you feel the real exam will be harder or easier then this ??

ReputationRep:
    Nomenclature

http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Textbook...ture_and_Names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_help)
    Anyone got any advice for revising AS chemistry?? just under a month till the actual exam

Also, any predictions on the 6+ markers possibly?

For those who have done the Specimen paper 1 set 1 and 2, do you feel the real exam will be harder or easier then this ??

I have to say those specimen papers were really hard. I hope they dont make it as hard as that but its quite clear that this year will be hella of a lot harder than the previous AS exams.

ReputationRep:
    Website
    (Original post by Sarahnhvgui)
    Can I get the specimen papers please

ReputationRep:
    Set 2 paper 1 was so difficult 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yo ppl made a thread for the set 2 papers and mark scheme, check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    yo ppl made a thread for the set 2 papers and mark scheme, check it out
    link??

ReputationRep:
    I have done the 2 specimen papers that are on the aqa webiste, but does anyone have any other specimens, I heard there were 2 more? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_help)
    link??
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post64363387

ReputationRep:
    Link not working.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crimsixisthebest)
    Link not working.....
    ehh it works for me.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to get set 2 papers? I wanted to do some more practice on these...

ReputationRep:
    Ask your teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall1999)
    Ask your teacher
    she says she doesnt know about them...probably BS'ing

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm literally ******** myself about chemistry, I go to a good school and I got the highest mark for the mock in my year but it was only 55%!!! I don't even know what to do Does anyone have any tips for answering the 6 markers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Guys I'm literally ******** myself about chemistry, I go to a good school and I got the highest mark for the mock in my year but it was only 55%!!! I don't even know what to do Does anyone have any tips for answering the 6 markers?
    Try and do 6 markers as bullet points and reduce them to key words to remember

Do as many 6 mark questions as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Where can we get 6 marker questions to practise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    Try and do 6 markers as bullet points and reduce them to key words to remember

Do as many 6 mark questions as possible!
    Ahh thank you so much, this is along the lines of what my teacher said too. You've put so many helpful resources on this thread, thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone message me with the mark schemes for the 2nd set of specimen papers?

ReputationRep:
    If i continue to do a2 chemistry, will my as grade count towards my overall grade?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.