The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
That's the same thing :smile:

No it's not as we can see from this thread there are those who reject sharia and still call themselves muslim
Original post by PopaPork
No it's not as we can see from this thread there are those who reject sharia and still call themselves muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't see the difference between those who reject sharia and those who accept sharia,so why doe sit mean anything to you?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't see the difference between those who reject sharia and those who accept sharia,so why doe sit mean anything to you?

I do see the difference but I also accept there is a risk that you could once again choose to believe in sharia again

as I said no better than BNP lite
Reply 103

According to Islam, if you reject Sharia law then you have left the religion
Original post by al_94

If you reject the ideology that says if you reject the ideology then this is irrelevant:biggrin:

You see it's only those who believe in sharia that will believe rejecting sharia makes you a non muslim
Reply 105
If you reject the ideology that says if you reject the ideology then this is irrelevant:biggrin:

You see it's only those who believe in sharia that will believe rejecting sharia makes you a non muslim

You are confused mate Sharia law is in the Qur'an if you reject that then you are rejecting the Qur'an which makes you a non Muslim
Original post by al_94
You are confused mate Sharia law is in the Qur'an if you reject that then you are rejecting the Qur'an which makes you a non Muslim

All of it? are you sure about this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94

The links you posted earlier indicate that you only owe a duty to the laws of the land if you have the ability to live as a Moslem freely. In France, the wearing of overt religious symbols is forbidden and some argue that they cannot live as Moslems. Are they absolved from following French law?

Or is a civil law forbidding Islamic Koranic requirements sufficient to absolve Moslems from sin in not fully following sharia law?
Reply 108
Original post by Good bloke
The links you posted earlier indicate that you only owe a duty to the laws of the land if you have the ability to live as a Moslem freely. In France, the wearing of overt religious symbols is forbidden and some argue that they cannot live as Moslems. Are they absolved from following French law?

Or is a civil law forbidding Islamic Koranic requirements sufficient to absolve Moslems from sin in not fully following sharia law?

What links are you referring to? The Muslim has to follow the law of the land but they also have to follow the sharia law. They are under no obligation to obey those french laws that ban religious symbols as it goes against Islam.
Original post by al_94
What links are you referring to? The Muslim has to follow the law of the land but they also have to follow the sharia law. They are under no obligation to obey those french laws that ban religious symbols as it goes against Islam.

I can't find them now; perhaps it wasn't you.

Islam says that Moslems have to follow the law of the land they live in. You say this only applies if the law doesn't contradict Islam. This implies that sharia law has priority over civil law. That leaves Moslems in the west with a bit of a problem doesn't it?
Reply 110
I can't find them now; perhaps it wasn't you.

Islam says that Moslems have to follow the law of the land they live in. You say this only applies if the law doesn't contradict Islam. This implies that sharia law has priority over civil law. That leaves Moslems in the west with a bit of a problem doesn't it?

Well that's true that's why some Muslims have more than one wife even though it's against UK law. I don't see it as a problem because Muslims are not forced to go against Sharia in the UK.
Original post by al_94
I don't see it as a problem

So you won't mind if Moslems are gaoled for bigamy?
Reply 112
So you won't mind if Moslems are gaoled for bigamy?

They wouldn't find out I don't think they would even jail them because I've seen people admit to it on TV.
Original post by al_94
They wouldn't find out I don't think they would even jail them because I've seen people admit to it on TV.

That rather evades my question, doesn't it?
Original post by TheCynicalChild

Neither was my question if you hate me for being Muslim :/ Hey man, you can't expect others to respect you and your demands if you don't respect theirs.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question I first asked.

But you know what I don't expect those who choose to follow an ideology that would murder me for being gay to actually respect me (I mean how could they:rolleyes:)

Thing is you want me to respect you despite the fact you choose to follow an ideology that thinks murdering my kind is OK then you get all pissy when I say it isn't going to happen:wink:

then you get all angry because I expect a straight answer (something you have refused to do)
Original post by al_94

That's not true because in the UK we do not recognise marriages that aren't legally registered (it's why so many muslims are born as bastards in the UK :biggrin:) because they are born out of wedlock
Tawheeed is a shia like the shia houthis, thats why he is sympathetic to them and against saudi arabia a wahabi state that considers shias to be deviaters/apostates
Original post by young_guns
That is utter nonsense. The Yemeni government has been a strong ally in the War on Terror, they have been more than co-operative with our drone programme. Much more co-operative than the Pakistanis, as it happens.

You clearly think any Sunni must be an ISIS sympathiser.

The Houthis are terrorists; they overthrew the democratically-elected government, they are supported by the terrorist regime in Tehran, and even their flag has the words "Death to American, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews".

The Houthis have declared war on us. Let them die.

Is that the same drone programme that has killed hundreds of civilians in Afghanistan, often apparently indiscriminately, for example, when wedding parties are targeted?

It's a strange thing when right wing people in the UK support things that Saudi Arabia does, given that they are usually hostile to that government. Apparently if the Saudis are engaged in warfare, that's fine, as it involved big bombs and air strikes, which is exciting, yes?

How do we really know what's going on in Yemen? I certainly don't trust the version of facts there that we receive from US and UK news sources.
Reply 118
That's not true because in the UK we do not recognise marriages that aren't legally registered (it's why so many muslims are born as bastards in the UK :biggrin:) because they are born out of wedlock

Yeah it's not recognised in UK but they can still do an Islamic marriage. They are not bastards because as long they have a Islamic marriage then it is valid in Islam.
Original post by al_94

Original post by TheCynicalChild
x

True dat brother, cynical child seems very ambiguous on sharia law, it is clear from Islam (formulated primarily by the quran and hadith) that homosexuality is a crime in islam that is worthy of punishment - this has been the historical stance in the vast majority of the islamic world for centuries- Sharia law is gods law, to reject it or reject certain parts of it (homosexuality a sin- part) in order to pander and favor to western morality is both apostasy and innovation and worthy of punishment.

Ask any muslim scholar from the ayatollahs of iran and iraq to the imams and scholars of mecca and egypt- homosexuality is a sin in islam- worthy of punishment. I'm proud of Allahs law (praise be to him) and the revealed objective morality- muslims should not feel any shame on islams Stance on homosexuality

http://islamqa.info/en/38622
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=4FQZVaanBcawPJ7vgcgK&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNxnVSnnZs0Q&ved=0CCQQtwIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFRK-Jwt102nYLpIoUljhh6ztC0TQ
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending