The Student Room Group

Placement Year (International)

I'm currently studying International Business and Management (with a placement year 24/25) my course requires my placement year to be abroad and I must start applying this September. I want to do my placement in Dubai, Qatar or Saudi Arabia but I'm struggling to find any and unsure where to apply. Another thing is that my CV is very basic and it only has part-time jobs that I have done. What can I do to improve it?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I'm in the same boat (doing Masters in Data Science with year in industry). Finding placements abroad has been tough. If you have any connections that may help trying it through them on an individual basis. But overall the internet seems only to offer "internships" (which you have to pay to do?). I'd say the best bet is using Linkedin to contact people directly. Seems tedious and may not be necessary but I'll come back to this forum if anything comes to fruition.
Original post by 61818
I'm currently studying International Business and Management (with a placement year 24/25) my course requires my placement year to be abroad and I must start applying this September. I want to do my placement in Dubai, Qatar or Saudi Arabia but I'm struggling to find any and unsure where to apply. Another thing is that my CV is very basic and it only has part-time jobs that I have done. What can I do to improve it?

Where are you doing your course? Has the University not got links/connections? Some companies do internships for graduates on Placement Year - so try a Google search. Some are also listed on LinkedIn & Indeed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending