Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone deserves a chance: 😄 Name:  image.png
Views: 148
Size:  366.6 KB*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    I don't think that's a very appropriate plastic for a gym...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you put a low level into a gym, other reds can defeat easily and quickly get the level of the gym up?

I saw a level 8 gym on the way home today :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Surely if you put a low level into a gym, other reds can defeat easily and quickly get the level of the gym up?

And valour are the sorts with the mindset to do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I don't think that's a very appropriate plastic for a gym...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see anything wrong with it. The gym is in range of pokestops at a museum and a courthouse, and the 'park' is used all the time by runners, dog walkers and people playing cricket. *It's also near a supermarket and right beside one of the busiest roundabouts in town. The area is not (and should not be) cordoned off.

Didn't last long enough to be upgraded, the gym had turned to blue like 5 minutes after we took it. *We had a bit of fun taking it back when it turned grey first but then moved on. *

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And valour are the sorts with the mindset to do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *🙄

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with it. The gym is in range of pokestops at a museum and a courthouse, and the 'park' is used all the time by runners, dog walkers and people playing cricket. *It's also near a supermarket and right beside one of the busiest roundabouts in town. The area is not (and should not be) cordoned off.

Didn't last long enough to be upgraded, the gym had turned to blue like 5 minutes after we took it. *We had a bit of fun taking it back when it turned grey first but then moved on. *

*🙄
    The point of the gym is for fighting, if people started brawling at a war memorial would you say they're being appropriate? I should hope not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh, sometimes the gps thing really annoys me! I'd just defeated a gym twice and got it down to 1000 point, so one more defeat and I could have taken it, when it decided I was just outside the ring where I could fight

Being on a station platform, I couldn't get any closer.

ReputationRep:
    Been needing one more Oddish and one more Krabby for so so long to evolve them, finally manged it yesterday! I get way too excited when I get new Pokemon :lol:

Name:  1471342780409.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  39.4 KB
    Name:  1471342809454.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  46.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    aw that's so nice. i can't do anything to the mystic gyms around town because everyone stations their 1.5k+cp pokemons there and then there's no point in playing bc i can't win and raise the prestige. i'll just be wasting super pots. everyone's concerned about not letting other teams take a gym but honestly its not like any team holds a gym for more than 21 hrs. i saw a level 12 gym on my way home and in less than 15 mins it was overrun by another team. smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    aw that's so nice. i can't do anything to the mystic gyms around town because everyone stations their 1.5k+cp pokemons there and then there's no point in playing bc i can't win and raise the prestige. i'll just be wasting super pots. everyone's concerned about not letting other teams take a gym but honestly its not like any team holds a gym for more than 21 hrs. i saw a level 12 gym on my way home and in less than 15 mins it was overrun by another team. smh
    Lies. I took the Gym at my town's bus station 9 days ago and we've had it ever since but that's kinda to be expected when your team plonk a group of PITA for people to deal with, Mystic gym up to level 13, i've got a 2613 Arcanine on it, the lowest on it is 1811 Poliwrath as of this morning, and the highest on the gym is a level 33 trainer with a 3447 Snorlax - good luck to any valor trying to take that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Been needing one more Oddish and one more Krabby for so so long to evolve them, finally manged it yesterday! I get way too excited when I get new Pokemon :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jealous of that Gloom! I evolved an oddish a couple of days ago but the Gloom is only level 650.

Anyway now that I've hit level 20 hopefully I can start catching/evolving more stuff which will be CP1,000+!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, need to ask but, once you hit a certain level, do the number of 2k eggs drop?

Haven't had any 2k eggs in a while minus 2... I would say 95% of all the eggs I get are now 5k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jealous of that Gloom! I evolved an oddish a couple of days ago but the Gloom is only level 650.

Anyway now that I've hit level 20 hopefully I can start catching/evolving more stuff which will be CP1,000+!
    Yeah it turned out higher than expected! That's still decent enough

I've definitely noticed a difference since reaching level 20

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, need to ask but, once you hit a certain level, do the number of 2k eggs drop?

Haven't had any 2k eggs in a while minus 2... I would say 95% of all the eggs I get are now 5k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea, but I always get 5km ones. Currently have 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right now I have 7 5k eggs and 2 10k ones.
    One of my 5k eggs currently has only 1km left to go until it hatches then my second 10k egg is going into that incubator.

Really hoping for a Snorlax or a Lapras...
    Wouldn't mind an Electabuz though, want a decent electric pokemon. Currently my best one is a 1249CP Jolteon.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good to hear. Doesn't look like I'm going to level up quickly anymore so hoping these new ultra balls can help me catch some high CP pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainvg)
    Lies. I took the Gym at my town's bus station 9 days ago and we've had it ever since but that's kinda to be expected when your team plonk a group of PITA for people to deal with, Mystic gym up to level 13, i've got a 2613 Arcanine on it, the lowest on it is 1811 Poliwrath as of this morning, and the highest on the gym is a level 33 trainer with a 3447 Snorlax - good luck to any valor trying to take that :P
    why would i lie about the happenings of terrible game such as this.

the gym im talking about is the most public place in my town. which is more like a small city than a town. and the whole town is filled with hot headed valors who hate mystics owning gyms.

valors the majority here and even instincts are by far more common in this town than mystics. and even if there are any mystics only like lvl 20+s appear in gyms because!!!! they don't let lower levels win any training battles to raise prestige + station theirs there!! thats the main point i was trying to get at!!

and fyi it is possible to beat 3k+s, at the same gym i was talking about each team is constantly taking it and conquering it w their 2.5+ snorlaxes and 3k+ dragonites. im actually very glad when i see another team owning a gym nearby because that means i can at least win one battle w my lineup of 6 and earn xp and, yknow, actually play the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Right now I have 7 5k eggs and 2 10k ones.
    One of my 5k eggs currently has only 1km left to go until it hatches then my second 10k egg is going into that incubator.

Really hoping for a Snorlax or a Lapras...
    Wouldn't mind an Electabuz though, want a decent electric pokemon. Currently my best one is a 1249CP Jolteon.
    Wow haha let me know what you get I have one 10k one that's halfway to hatching! I desperately want a Lapras yeah I'd love any of those! Ooh jealous! Still need a Jolteon!

That's good to hear. Doesn't look like I'm going to level up quickly anymore so hoping these new ultra balls can help me catch some high CP pokemon.
    Yeah same. My aim was always to get to level 20 and then I'm just interested in catching/hatching as many different ones as I can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im the 1337th reply
    kappa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    i can at least win one battle w my lineup of 6 and earn xp and, yknow, actually play the game.
    The game is predominantly aimed at gaining XP by catching pokemon and evolving them at the moment, Gym's give meaningless XP in comparison, so getting in a tizz over not being able to battle against them? Tough luck. I live in a suburb, I don't even bother with Gym's in the city, as they have a distinct advantage just by density of hotspots for pokemon. Until they implement trainer battles, I wouldn't be so concerned with a 6 pokemon lineup, i've binned 30 odd pidgeots now, as the candy to evolve pidgey's is infinitely more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainvg)
    The game is predominantly aimed at gaining XP by catching pokemon and evolving them at the moment, Gym's give meaningless XP in comparison, so getting in a tizz over not being able to battle against them? Tough luck. I live in a suburb, I don't even bother with Gym's in the city, as they have a distinct advantage just by density of hotspots for pokemon. Until they implement trainer battles, I wouldn't be so concerned with a 6 pokemon lineup, i've binned 30 odd pidgeots now, as the candy to evolve pidgey's is infinitely more important.
    the game might be "aimed" at evolving/catching....that doesn't mean people can't enjoy gym interactions more though.

IMO screw what's deemed "important" in order to level up and gain a bit of xp. I'm more interested in having fun :p:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.