The Student Room Group

Applying to italy with a2 predicted grades

Can I apply to Italy with AS level results and predicted grades of A2 because my results will be released on August 2023
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Original post by Awaymuffin
Can I apply to Italy with AS level results and predicted grades of A2 because my results will be released on August 2023

Hiya, application for medicine in italy (if we are talking about public unis) is completely different from the uk. The admission is only based on a test which will be in early September, to apply you do it on the portal and they don’t ask for predicted grades and to apply you just need a pass in your a level
Reply 3
Yeah ik the problem is that they need a high school diploma and imma get one on August won't it be late?did you also apply by the end of your A2 grade?
Reply 4
Original post by XanaXoid
Hiya, application for medicine in italy (if we are talking about public unis) is completely different from the uk. The admission is only based on a test which will be in early September, to apply you do it on the portal and they don’t ask for predicted grades and to apply you just need a pass in your a level

Yeah ik the problem is that they need a high school diploma and imma get one on August won't it be late?did you also apply by the end of your A2 grade?

I have not applied in Italy, I’m just Italian and usually I help mostly to understand general things. When I have a bit of time I’ll check if I can find the answer to your question (most documents are in italian which doesn’t really male sense)
Reply 6
I have not applied in Italy, I’m just Italian and usually I help mostly to understand general things. When I have a bit of time I’ll check if I can find the answer to your question (most documents are in italian which doesn’t really male sense)

That's nice ! I would really appreciate it if you can ask whether unimi requires high school leaving diploma before August?
That's nice ! I would really appreciate it if you can ask whether unimi requires high school leaving diploma before August?

So for what I have seen the application process has changed since last year. There are going to be 2 times (one in April and one in July) where you cam take the test. This means that even italian students will not have the result from their high school (usually we get it in july). I personally wouldn’t worry about is since people will not have their grades, moreover when I enrolled at uni in italy I remember that we had from late june until September to enroll and they asked an auto certification to prove that I passed high school
Reply 8
So for what I have seen the application process has changed since last year. There are going to be 2 times (one in April and one in July) where you cam take the test. This means that even italian students will not have the result from their high school (usually we get it in july). I personally wouldn’t worry about is since people will not have their grades, moreover when I enrolled at uni in italy I remember that we had from late june until September to enroll and they asked an auto certification to prove that I passed high school

Thank you so much, very useful information !

I was wondering the same thing. Since Uk is considered Non Eu now, we need to apply earlier than Eu students and partake in the pre-enrolment.
Have you found a solution. Please share it if you have.
Hi I’ve just found this thread and I’ve been wanting to ask: For applying to medical school in Italy, how important are AS/A level results compared to your IMAT result for getting accepted to an Italian medical school?

Hi! Do they ask for specific grades of your A levels or do they just ask if you passed or failed?
Original post by itstherickdance
Hi! Do they ask for specific grades of your A levels or do they just ask if you passed or failed?

Hiya, I have not applied for medicine in Italy. I’m Italian so I try to help people understand the admission requirements especially when some parts are written only on Italian. I’ll try to answer your question asap
Reply 13

Hi, there! Do medical schools in Italy accept A-levels resits?? I'm retaking my A-Levels😅
Original post by alwxa11
Hi, there! Do medical schools in Italy accept A-levels resits?? I'm retaking my A-Levels😅

Hi, not sure but in general med school in Italy only care if you passed and you do well in the entrance exam

Hey I got into a few Italian med schools and used my predicted grades to apply (sufficient). Yes I had to sit different tests for different schools
Reply 16
hey everyone, for 2024 entry should I sit the IMAT in 2024 or should I have done the 2023 series. In the case that I missed the IMAT, can I apply using my predicted grades, igcses and IELTS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending