The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Clearing thread for 2024

Hi everyone,

Welcome to UCLan's official thread to discuss Clearing for 2024.

Ask us any questions you have about applying to UCLan through Clearing this year.

You may want to know what life is like studying here at UCLan so here are some useful links to get you started.

Accomodation - Accommodation - UCLan
Fees and funding - Fees & funding for your university study - UCLan
Our courses - A-Z Course List - Find Your Course - UCLan
Campus tours - Campus tours - UCLan
Open days - University Open Days & Campus Tours North West - UCLan

You can find the University of Central Lancashire clearing page here.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch.

We are here to help. 😊
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi everyone!

I'm one of the current 4th Year MBBS students here at UCLan! I applied to my foundation year in medical sciences via clearing. If you have any questions about life at UCLan, the medicine degree or any general university questions, I'm happy to help!

-Rebecca, UCLan
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hello!

I'm one of the final year medics also at UCLan. I am an international student originally from Lebanon. Feel free to ask me any questions about what its like moving to the UK as an international student, life as a medic, or anything else 😀

Looking forward to speak with you!

Haya - MBBS 5
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi there! Did uclan go into clearing for home students in the last few years? I can't find the answer 🙂
Original post by Mell111
Hi there! Did uclan go into clearing for home students in the last few years? I can't find the answer 🙂

Hi there,
For medicine, we don't usually go into clearing as we have had limited places in the past for UK students. The good news is that from 24/25 entry, we have 50 places available for UK students which you can read more about here !

I hope this helps and If you would like to show your support, please consider leaving us your vote for Best Official Rep here: TSRCommunity Awards 2023: Best Official Rep Award - VOTING NOW OPEN - The Student Room

-Rebecca, UCLan
Reply 5
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi everyone,

Welcome to UCLan's official thread to discuss Clearing for 2024.

Ask us any questions you have about applying to UCLan through Clearing this year.

You may want to know what life is like studying here at UCLan so here are some useful links to get you started.

Accomodation - Accommodation - UCLan
Fees and funding - Fees & funding for your university study - UCLan
Our courses - A-Z Course List - Find Your Course - UCLan
Campus tours - Campus tours - UCLan
Open days - University Open Days & Campus Tours North West - UCLan

You can find the University of Central Lancashire clearing page here.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch.

We are here to help. 😊
Hi, Is Foundation BVMS Veterinary Science going to be open for clearing this year?
Original post by MJ123$
Hi, Is Foundation BVMS Veterinary Science going to be open for clearing this year?
Hi @MJ123$,

Thank you for your question. Let me reach out to the appropriate team and look into this for you. I will probably have an update by next week with it coming up to the weekend so apologies any delay but I will update you as soon as I know more.

Many thanks, 😊
Sarah
Hi,
Is dental therapy going to be open for clearing this year?
Thank you!
Original post by MJ123$
Hi @MJ123$,

Our BVMS Veterinary Science isn't likely to be going through clearing, but you are more than welcome to call on the day and see if there are any spaces.

Clearing 2024 will officially open on 5 July 2024.

If you would like to learn more about clearing, we've put together the answers to some common questions about Clearing here.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any questions.😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi everyone!
I'm one of the current 4th Year MBBS students here at UCLan! I applied to my foundation year in medical sciences via clearing. If you have any questions about life at UCLan, the medicine degree or any general university questions, I'm happy to help!
-Rebecca, UCLan
Hi, Is dental therapy going to be open for clearing thisyear? Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
Is dental therapy going to be open for clearing this year?
Thank you!
Hi Anon,

Thank you for your message, it's great to hear that you are interested in studying here at UCLan. Our BSc (Hons)
Dental Therapy course is unlikely to be open for clearing.

Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Is physician associate course normally in clearing
Original post by xxfreidaxx
Is physician associate course normally in clearing
Hi @xxfreidaxx, 😊

Thanks for your message. It's great to hear that you are interested in our MPAS (Hons) Physician Associate Studies course. Currently, information on the specific courses that will go through clearing for 2024 won't be on our website yet, but please do keep an eye out for updates on when you can register your interest. You are also welcome to talk to our friendly team to discuss any of our courses in more detail, you can email them at [email protected] for support.

If you are considering applying through clearing, there is lots of support and information here at UCLan that you can access. Our main clearing page is a great place to learn more about how it works and hear from our current students who share their clearing experience and tips. More information can be found here.

Do let me know if you have any questions about clearing or student life here at UCLan and I'd be happy to help. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Is clinical dental technology going to go into clearing this year
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi Anon,
Thank you for your message, it's great to hear that you are interested in studying here at UCLan. Our BSc (Hons)
Dental Therapy course is unlikely to be open for clearing.
Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊
Best wishes,
Sarah

Hi Sarah I was wondering if you could tell us if clinical dental technology would be in clearing this year
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Sarah I was wondering if you could tell us if clinical dental technology would be in clearing this year
Hi Anon,

Thank you for your message. Currently we don't know yet what courses are going into clearing for this year. It's unlikely that our Clinical Dental Technology course will go through clearing. However you are more than welcome to call our friendly team to discuss your options when clearing opens in July.

Clearing lists will go live on UCAS search on 5 July 2024 with more courses being added on A-level results day.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Register your interest for Clearing 2024!

Thinking ahead to Clearing? 2024? Register your interest now for degree courses starting this September here.

👉 What is Clearing? Clearing officially opens on Friday 5 July 2024, and it’s a process for those who haven’t secured a degree place before this date. Might as well register while you’re here to keep up-to-date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending