The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
was it a consensual marriage? That must be bloody awkward and its wrong on so many different levels. What would they even have in common? *shudders*

Errrr bbzzzz you quoted the wronggg person, pshhhh, me feel unloved :mad:
Original post by Chukkeigh
Lolzzzz youzz a crazyyy boiiii.

This is so true!! I cook mii food too or else mii still look propa phattt.

I have no idea bbz. Apparently it was her dad that wanted her to get married.

Is it true that she has a kid and is divorced now?

Good boiiii. Would you let ya daughterr marry a 60year old mannnzzz if she was 16???

she has a child and is divorced. lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsAddict
Not appraoch me idiot private message :rolleyes:. There are no hijabis out here in my dead ends.

Ahah oh...PM doesnt really mean anything :colonhash:
Were they Somali or...?
Where are you from? Shall I bring my hijabi crew over :lol:
Original post by missfats
yes but I think it was to not dishonour her father.

it was ages ago, I was a child then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOllllzzzz, were was her mother plzzzz. In the deen there is no such thing as dishonouring ya papiii if you don't wanna marry someone, you don't. Simples.
she has a child and is divorced. lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SubhanaAllah...this just said. So manyyyy peeps my age are getting married. One got married 3 days ago and other last week. & I am just here being useless...lolzzzz.
LOllllzzzz, were was her mother plzzzz. In the deen there is no such thing as dishonouring ya papiii if you don't wanna marry someone, you don't. Simples.

idk my mom told me.
I don't know if there was love there or not. I

Posted from TSR Mobile
BTW what is it with ya gals saying yall wanna get married by 23/24 loooooooolzzzz, are you madddd...that is waaaay too young. You are still a babygal.
Anyone else dreading uni as it comes closer? :afraid:
BTW what is it with ya gals saying yall wanna get married by 23/24 loooooooolzzzz, are you madddd...that is waaaay too young. You are still a babygal.

Prevent Haram lel jkz.

I am a cougar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

24 aaa? Balaayo! Im gonna get married by 23 max inshaAllah

There's no point waiting a long time after u finish uni. I always hear the same excuses from girls like 'i need to live my life before i get married'. Seriously i just laugh. How exactly can you not 'live your life' after you're married? Unless you marry a very reserved/jealous husband who never lets you leave the house which in that case is your fault because you didn't get to know his personality properly before marriage :tongue:

You can travel the world and achieve other life goals whilst being married. The best thing is that your soul mate will be by your side..

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Prevent Haram lel jkz.

I am a cougar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plus the older you get, the harder it becomes to get married. I actually know a girl whos 27 and only recently decided to find a husband and she's finding it difficult

There's no point waiting a long time after u finish uni. I always hear the same excuses from girls like 'i need to live my life before i get married'. Seriously i just laugh. How exactly can you not 'live your life' after you're married? Unless you marry a very reserved/jealous husband who never lets you leave the house which in that case is your fault because you didn't get to know his personality properly before marriage :tongue:

You can travel the world and achieve other life goals whilst being married. The best thing is that your soul mate will be by your side..

Spoiler

The last bit made my heart melt :lol:
No but honestly I think the same as you..21/22 perfect marriage age imo
23/24 is not young at all, in sha Allah, that is the age I would like to get married. I think some girls think if you marry young, you won't live your life properly. But, marriage doesn't it limit you in any way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh but its different travelling the world, going on holidays and going out with your friends having fun when youre young to going out with your man after youre married. You want to do both cuz the experience would be diff.23 24 is waaaayyy too young

Spoiler

Spoiler

lolzzz how can he be your soul mate when you just met the guy? you have never lived with him & all that you have seen of him is what he chose to show & vice versa. Lolzzz bbz tdem gals are right...I do need to live mii life before marriage insaAlla.

Marriage includes lots&lots of sacrifices and I am just too selfish to give things up. I mean, how you gonna Go from living with ya parents to a stranger's house just like that? Me will never understand this concept but oh well each to their own.
Plus the older you get, the harder it becomes to get married. I actually know a girl whos 27 and only recently decided to find a husband and she's finding it difficult

unless you got the looks.

*winks at Secretnerd123*
:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
The last bit made my heart melt :lol:
No but honestly I think the same as you..21/22 perfect marriage age imo

Heheh so cringe :tongue:

Yeah for me 22/23 inshaAllah. Should learn how to cook many dishes very well by then. Can't be letting my husband live off basic rice and pasta everyday lol!
Original post by Ribbit1234
Yh but its different travelling the world, going on holidays and going out with your friends having fun when youre young to going out with your man after youre married. You want to do both cuz the experience would be diff.23 24 is waaaayyy too young

You get me babygal!!! You are still a baby & discovering your self. The divorce rates are sky high because people are not prepared or familiar with marriage. Marriage is a headache, a blooming headache. so much sacrifices - which usually the woman has too make & buck load of patience. In my case, I would rather wait a looooong time for that stress to happen. When I am 23, I just wanna be eye candyyy and look fit.
unless you got the looks.

*winks at Secretnerd123*
:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me by the time you reach 27 you wont want a younger guy anymore, you'd want someone older and there'll be none left :redface:

Heheh so cringe :tongue:

Yeah for me 22/23 inshaAllah. Should learn how to cook many dishes very well by then. Can't be letting my husband live off basic rice and pasta everyday lol!

Haha I know right! I think my baking skills are sorted, I just need to practise all the savoury dishes..dem biryanis, dem samosas, dem curries :lol:
lolzzz how can he be your soul mate when you just met the guy? you have never lived with him & all that you have seen of him is what he chose to show & vice versa. Lolzzz bbz tdem gals are right...I do need to live mii life before marriage insaAlla.

Marriage includes lots&lots of sacrifices and I am just too selfish to give things up. I mean, how you gonna Go from living with ya parents to a stranger's house just like that? Me will never understand this concept but oh well each to their own.

Well he wont exactly be your soulmate at the start but love definitely develops after marriage in most cases :smile:

And you can get to know him. You can be engaged for however long you need. I'm sure you can know within a year whether you're compatible or not.

What age do you think is best?

Original post by Ribbit1234

Well you can do both :smile: you're not going to be joined at the hip with your husband. You can still enjoy yoursel with your fam/friends

Quick Reply

Latest