:moon:

Original post by PerplexingGeode
That must be extremely beneficial when Wi-Fi is intermittent!

Yes, it sure is - especially if the VM Wifi is overly congested, bringing speeds of <5Mbps - as I can go to 3G or 4G and get 15-20Mbps, or even higher on 4G. :smile:

The only Apple device I own, is an iPod Touch which is relatively good. I used to also play games on there such as Coin Dozer, but I have not utilised my iPod Touch in quite some time. Fundamentally, I would rather use Windows Media Player than iTunes, as I dislike how resource intensive it can be and it generally consumes a large amount of storage, if I recall.

I don't own any Apple devices, however, I started using iTunes when I won an iTunes gift voucher - from then onwards, I have always used iTunes for the purchase of singles/MP3s, and Windows Media Player for playing them (as WMP is better).
Ha, you played Coin Dozer? :wink: I played that a lot a few years ago, on my Galaxy Ace Plus and my crappy VS Touchtab 7V - however, I don't think I have them on my S4 or Galaxy Tab A. I think I ought to download and play Coin Dozer again, it was a great app :smile: I think you do need to use/charge up your iPod Touch soon, to prevent battery damage!

I read many reviews prior to purchasing the Proko app, as I wanted to ensure that it was worth spending the money on, which it was - considering it is an invaluable tool for artists. The problem with certain apps, is that they are accompanied with the request of permission to access components of the device in question. It is always awesome to be able to find a useful app that does not require permission to access the various components of a device etc.

I concur with you, the 3.5mm jack should be a standard feature on all devices and with the introduction of Bluetooth earphones on the iPhone 7, I cannot help but ponder whether future companies will integrate this into their phone designs and follow suit, abandoning the 3.5mm jack.

That's a good idea, especially for paid apps; always read the most up to date reviews on the App Store (and other places) to see if the app is any good or not! I dislike some of the various permission requests as well; usually I do not mind most permissions, though I very rarely give out permissions to access the phone (as a rogue app could start calling people behind your back and run up an expensive bill), or the SMS (again, an app could send premium rate SMS's behind your back and rack up a huge bill).

3.5mm jack is essential to any device. If future companies remove the 3.5mm jack as well, then they will also lose me as a customer. And to be honest, I'd rather stay on a relatively older phone/device, and keep the 3.5mm port, than switch to something that has no 3.5mm port. Though actually, seeing my knowledge with electronic devices, I'd likely be able to find out where to put a 3.5mm jack, and solder one in :biggrin:

Latest