The Student Room Group

Arrrgh! Help needed with stupid UCAS stupid form

Hey everyone! Well in a desperate effort to get my UCAS form done by this Friday, I've managed to get most of it filled in, but I'm REALLY confused on two (possibly 3) things!

Firstly, my Science was a double award...how the heck do I select that from the drop down list on the electronic UCAS form thingy. It only has options for like, Single Award A, and Single Award B. I mean what's the difference?

Same for English - I got two marks, one for English Lit/Lang and one for Speaking and Listening. What do I pick from the subject list to reflect that?

These are for GCSE's by the way. The A level stuff was a doddle.

Anyone who knows how the hell to work the stupid electronic UCAS thing....your help would be greatly appreciated. If I ever get a great job as a result of Uni, and lots of money, I'll buy you a yacht.

Or a yacht with wheels on it if you don't like water.

:smile:
Reply 1
Well, I don't know about the sciences, although Double award should be on there, but for English, it'll be the Lit/Lang grade they want - although you get a separate grade for speaking and listening, it's not a GCSE in its own right. It's some weird bit of the system that I don't entirely get, but that's the way it is.
Reply 2
There is a seperate option for double award GCSEs - is back on the menu where you select GCSE/ A Level etc and specify short or long course.

As for English, speaking and listening grades don't form their own GCSE - makes up part of your language grade - most people have one overall grade for language and one for literature.

:smile:
Reply 3
ahhhhhhhhh cheers :smile: thats good cos i only got C for speaking and listening, but a b for lit/lang, and a b overall. thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending