The Student Room Group

Do I need to create a new UCAS account in order to re-apply independtly?

I am reapplying to UCAS independently, i.e. not with a centre. I just need to put my head of year's email in the referee section.

Do I need a new account to do this? I can't figure out how to start an independent application with the old one.

Thank you!!
When did you last apply?

If you have a UCAS Hub login then you should be able to click somewhere to start a new application.
Original post by PQ
When did you last apply?

If you have a UCAS Hub login then you should be able to click somewhere to start a new application.

I applied in November 2022, more or less.

I pressed start application, but I was stupid enough to enter the school's buzzword. Now I can't go out of it.
Original post by Nicholson1882
I applied in November 2022, more or less.

I pressed start application, but I was stupid enough to enter the school's buzzword. Now I can't go out of it.

I think you wil need to call UCAS to remove it in that case.
Original post by Admit-One
I think you wil need to call UCAS to remove it in that case.

Ok. Is there a disadvantage to starting a new account?

Thank you for the help.
Original post by Nicholson1882
Ok. Is there a disadvantage to starting a new account?

Thank you for the help.

You’d save yourself a lot of time and effort by just ringing ucas and asking them to change it.

UCAS doesn’t generally permit duplicate accounts - creating a new one is likely to cause confusion and some problems requiring a bunch of phone calls to ucas to get the right account and application unlocked. Just ring ucas tomorrow morning and they’ll have your application reset to an individual within 10 minutes.
Original post by PQ
You’d save yourself a lot of time and effort by just ringing ucas and asking them to change it.

UCAS doesn’t generally permit duplicate accounts - creating a new one is likely to cause confusion and some problems requiring a bunch of phone calls to ucas to get the right account and application unlocked. Just ring ucas tomorrow morning and they’ll have your application reset to an individual within 10 minutes.

Thanks, I'll do that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending