The Student Room Group
Reply 1
feebs
i've been invited to attend group interviews at 2 different unis, both with a 10 minute individual interview at the end.
anybody know what sort of thing to expect??
they say the group sessions should last about 2 hours, so i was thinking maybe they give you group work to do or something?
can anybody enlighten me please?!?

ta. xx

What course have you applied for? I know a girl in my class applied for primary education and she had a group interview which involved some kind of role play!!

Other than that I'm afraid I can't think of what they might do to you! Unless they've told you to prepare anything specific try not to stress as I'm sure the rest of the group will be as baffled as you :smile:
Reply 2
Sometimes in group interviews they give you a task to do, just for an example say design a poster or something. They'll use it to determine peoples personalities and stuff. See who the person who naturally takes charge is for example and who's sitting nervously in the corner doing what everyone tells them to do. It's basically a way for them to get to know you. I had to do one where we went into a field and had to get from one marker on the field to the other without touching the floor, using planks of wood and bricks. Stupid idea really!
Reply 3
tommypip
Sometimes in group interviews they give you a task to do, just for an example say design a poster or something. They'll use it to determine peoples personalities and stuff. See who the person who naturally takes charge is for example and who's sitting nervously in the corner doing what everyone tells them to do. It's basically a way for them to get to know you. I had to do one where we went into a field and had to get from one marker on the field to the other without touching the floor, using planks of wood and bricks. Stupid idea really!

Sounds good fun to me. :smile:
Reply 4
++Hex++
Sounds good fun to me. :smile:

It was ok. The guy interviewing us was shouting as us though cause we were crap. He kept calling us gormless f**kwits
Reply 5
tommypip
It was ok. The guy interviewing us was shouting as us though cause we were crap. He kept calling us gormless f**kwits

Sounds like you had fun mate.
Reply 6
feebs
i've been invited to attend group interviews at 2 different unis, both with a 10 minute individual interview at the end.
anybody know what sort of thing to expect??
they say the group sessions should last about 2 hours, so i was thinking maybe they give you group work to do or something?
can anybody enlighten me please?!?

ta. xx

a friend of mine who had a group interview for nursing had to be involved in a discussion/debae about things surrounding the job in the media.
Reply 7
mjf
a friend of mine who had a group interview for nursing had to be involved in a discussion/debae about things surrounding the job in the media.

it's nursing related, well sort of it's for midwifery. thx peeps.
Reply 8
My best mate had a group interview for radiotherapy. They were told they were stranded in the sea after their boat had sunk and had to discuss in groups which out of a list of things was most important ( you know the type of things where you always have something left over that seems utterly usless but always seems to end up being the most important cus it has some wierd and wonderful use?!). They wern't being judged on their answers though, just the way they discussed things, listened to eachother, voices their opinions and worked together within a group. Then they had to discuss what they though made a goodradiotherapist, again in small groups.

Latest

Trending

Trending