The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official Audiology @ University of Manchester UG 2023 Thread

I've decided to start a thread for those applying to Audiology and have UoM as their first choice. We can discuss interviews and offers (hopefully!!)
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I’ve got my interview soon and was wondering if you have yours soon to give eachother tips on how to prepare for it?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by saba04
Hi, I’ve got my interview soon and was wondering if you have yours soon to give eachother tips on how to prepare for it?

Hi, I've got an interview in January, is ours the same day? I'm pretty sure there will be a presentation in the beginning, and a group task and a 1-1 interview. To prepare, I'm reading up on my personal statement, and reading current news about Audiology. Do you have any tips??
Reply 3
My interview is on the 18th but it’s not fully confirmed, it could be on the 11th Jan. I’m practically doing the same as you, but also apparently it might be mmi based where you get read a scenario eg: your patient has been diagnosed with …, how will you break the news to them?’ And you need to role play the scenario out so I would be prepared for that. I’m not too sure about this tho, this is what I’ve read up.
Have you got an email confirming what type of interview it is and what’s expected from it?
So scared!!

Original post by iveywinston
Hi, I've got an interview in January, is ours the same day? I'm pretty sure there will be a presentation in the beginning, and a group task and a 1-1 interview. To prepare, I'm reading up on my personal statement, and reading current news about Audiology. Do you have any tips??
Reply 4
Original post by saba04
My interview is on the 18th but it’s not fully confirmed, it could be on the 11th Jan. I’m practically doing the same as you, but also apparently it might be mmi based where you get read a scenario eg: your patient has been diagnosed with …, how will you break the news to them?’ And you need to role play the scenario out so I would be prepared for that. I’m not too sure about this tho, this is what I’ve read up.
Have you got an email confirming what type of interview it is and what’s expected from it?
So scared!!

Yep, our interview is on the same day. Is yours online or in-person? I've heard that you'll be given scenarios in a group-setting, and come up with answers as a group. The date for the interview isn't confirmed yet, they've said that they'll email more info about the interview when the holidays end. I've only confirmed that I'd prefer to attend an interview in-person. I'm really nervous as well!
Reply 5
Yep I got the same option, I chose to do it in person too. I’m hoping it’s the 18th and not the 11th because I’ve got 2 mock exams on the 11th that I would have to miss. Stressing ahaha 😬

Original post by iveywinston
Yep, our interview is on the same day. Is yours online or in-person? I've heard that you'll be given scenarios in a group-setting, and come up with answers as a group. The date for the interview isn't confirmed yet, they've said that they'll email more info about the interview when the holidays end. I've only confirmed that I'd prefer to attend an interview in-person. I'm really nervous as well!
Reply 6
hi, I also have an interview for the 18th and I chose to do it online via zoom. during my work experience in the audiology department a worker told me her Manchester interview was a group interview where they performed a task together, although I'm not sure if its gonna be the same this year. I'm worried a group task may be more difficult when I'm doing it from home.
Original post by saba04
So scared!!
Reply 7
Hi, yeah gathering from everyone, I think it’s going to be a 1 on 1 and then a group interview. My inyerview is around half 12 but it says I need to be at the university from 12-4. So I’m guessing they’re getting all the 1 on 1 interviews out of the way then starting with the group interviews.
And you should be good, if it’s a group one you’ll just be in a zoom call with others who chose to do it through zoom, don’t think it’s anything to worry abouttt

Original post by fxrahis
hi, I also have an interview for the 18th and I chose to do it online via zoom. during my work experience in the audiology department a worker told me her Manchester interview was a group interview where they performed a task together, although I'm not sure if its gonna be the same this year. I'm worried a group task may be more difficult when I'm doing it from home.
Reply 8
Hey guys! i have my interview too on the 18th- in two days time, so happy so see there's people here with similar dates as me. Just some extra information, i had my interview with southampton last week and it was also a group task activity where we were given a question 'what are the most important skills as an audiologist' and we had to come up with the top 5 by weighing out the positives and negatives. The group tasks is just to see how well you communicate and/or lead a group, the 1:1 i believe would be more intense
Reply 9
Original post by Phavvy
Hey guys! i have my interview too on the 18th- in two days time, so happy so see there's people here with similar dates as me. Just some extra information, i had my interview with southampton last week and it was also a group task activity where we were given a question 'what are the most important skills as an audiologist' and we had to come up with the top 5 by weighing out the positives and negatives. The group tasks is just to see how well you communicate and/or lead a group, the 1:1 i believe would be more intense

Hi Thankyouu hope your interview went well. Also, is your in person interview still going ahead on the 18th?? I got an email saying it’s no longer in person on the 18th so will be a zoom call instead and the in person interview will now be some time in February. So I chose to stick to the February one so I can do it in person.
so just wanted to know if your interview on the 18th is in person or online!
Also good luck!!!
Reply 10
Original post by saba04
Hi Thankyouu hope your interview went well. Also, is your in person interview still going ahead on the 18th?? I got an email saying it’s no longer in person on the 18th so will be a zoom call instead and the in person interview will now be some time in February. So I chose to stick to the February one so I can do it in person.
Also good luck!!!

Thank you! And yes it’s a zoom call interview on the 18th. Manchester is far from me so I just chose online x
Reply 11
Original post by Phavvy
Thank you! And yes it’s a zoom call interview on the 18th. Manchester is far from me so I just chose online x

The interview is tomorrow for me, as I chose to have my interview via Zoom. I'll see you there! The only downside is that the virtual interview doesn't have a tour of the facilities, like in-person would. But I wanted to do do my interview sooner due to exams in Feb. Good luck to everybody that has their interviews coming up, you're going to smash it!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by naamivey
The interview is tomorrow for me, as I chose to have my interview via Zoom. I'll see you there! The only downside is that the virtual interview doesn't have a tour of the facilities, like in-person would. But I wanted to do do my interview sooner due to exams in Feb. Good luck to everybody that has their interviews coming up, you're going to smash it!

I had my interview today too! How do you think it went? Hope it went well for everyone.
The individual interview was quite scary but other than that, I think it was alright:crossedf:
Reply 13
I think it went well, I couldn’t have done anything else to prepare more. I did get stuck on on of the questions in the interview because I was nervous, but it was good overall.
Reply 14
Has down the longest interview session of my life😂 but yeah it wasn’t bad at all. Anyone leaning more towards Manchester? x
Reply 15
Original post by Phavvy
Has down the longest interview session of my life😂 but yeah it wasn’t bad at all. Anyone leaning more towards Manchester? x

Yep, I think it’s my first choice. Still waiting on 2 unis after this though.
Original post by tiffanywan
I had my interview today too! How do you think it went? Hope it went well for everyone.
The individual interview was quite scary but other than that, I think it was alright:crossedf:

Hope you interview went well.
what type of questions did they ask and what was the group activity like?
Reply 17
Original post by saba04
Also good luck!!!

Hi, I was wondering if you’ve already done your in-person interview, and if so, how was it? Was there a tour included? Best of luck!!
Reply 18
Hi, no I’ve not had my interview yet! I’ve actually got it this Wednesday they postponed it so I’ve still yet got to do it.
Have you done yours yet?

Original post by naamivey
Hi, I was wondering if you’ve already done your in-person interview, and if so, how was it? Was there a tour included? Best of luck!!
Reply 19
Original post by saba04
Hi, no I’ve not had my interview yet! I’ve actually got it this Wednesday they postponed it so I’ve still yet got to do it.
Have you done yours yet?

I've already done mine on the 18th, it was the virtual one. Good luck on your upcoming interview and let us know how it went on the thread! You're going to do great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending