The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fishpaste
I still go swimming there :wink:

I get the met to Market Street, then get a 142/42/43 down wilmslow road to Xavs.

Ah, I always get the met to Market Street. I'm there practically every week.
Reply 41

Honk honk - Metrolink.
Reply 42
gemgems89
Ah, I always get the met to Market Street. I'm there practically every week.

Yup, am about to get it to Victoria to watch a movie lol.
Reply 43
Cool I love trams! - have you got modern ones or old ones like in Blackpool?
NikNak
Cool I love trams! - have you got modern ones or old ones like in Blackpool?

Modern. They're not like trains like the ones you get to London. They just run in Manchester. One can be seen in the titles in Corrie! But that isn't real.
fishpaste
Yup, am about to get it to Victoria to watch a movie lol.

What you seeing? I saw Love Actually last week. It was really funny. Love Hugh Grant lol.
Reply 46
gemgems89
Modern. They're not like trains like the ones you get to London. They just run in Manchester. One can be seen in the titles in Corrie! But that isn't real.

The london underground is the best - trains like every 2 mins - in Cornwall u might have to wait 2-3 hours for the next train :eek:
NikNak
The london underground is the best - trains like every 2 mins - in Cornwall u might have to wait 2-3 hours for the next train :eek:

Terrible!
They're every 6 minutes on weekdays here.
It's really annoying though because I only stay on one stop and it costs 50p for about 60 seconds travelling. But it's good value to go to town - 80p return.
Reply 48
gemgems89

Hahaha you noticed that too. I was like "wtf, the trams don't go anywhere near coronation street."

I'm going to see Wilbur wants to kill himself.
fishpaste
Hahaha you noticed that too. I was like "wtf, the trams don't go anywhere near coronation street."

I'm going to see Wilbur wants to kill himself.

Lol.

Ooo what's that? Is it a horror?
Reply 50
gemgems89
Lol.

Ooo what's that? Is it a horror?

Very very dark comedy, I hear. Annoying, the printworks don't do showings until 9:20, and I really have too much other stuff to do tonight.

You ever been to the dutch pancake house in st peter's square? We're going to eat there. Mmmm pancakes.
fishpaste
Very very dark comedy, I hear. Annoying, the printworks don't do showings until 9:20, and I really have too much other stuff to do tonight.

You ever been to the dutch pancake house in st peter's square? We're going to eat there. Mmmm pancakes.

Oh I passed that when I was coming back from Eccles! I noticed that because I love pancakes but I've never been in.

Oh the Printworks seats are comfortable though lol.

From the outside, the pancake house looks slightly artificial.. but it does in fact rock! :cool:
Reply 53
gemgems89
Oh I passed that when I was coming back from Eccles! I noticed that because I love pancakes but I've never been in.

Oh the Printworks seats are comfortable though lol.

Yup, it's great in there. YOu get a pancake the size of a table for like £3.

Yes, I want to sit in the gallery, shame I'm only 17.
Reply 54
I've heard back from 2 unis since sending off my ucas application, leeds and manchester are both offering me BBB.

I was gonna put leeds down as my first choice but hearing all this good stuff about manchester has made me think again. Leeds us supposed to be an excellent city for students with a great night life and its not too expensive apparantly. Is manchester better though?
Reply 55
gemgems89
What you seeing? I saw Love Actually last week. It was really funny. Love Hugh Grant lol.

i luv orlando bloom

HOTTIE
Reply 56
Albion
I've heard back from 2 unis since sending off my ucas application, leeds and manchester are both offering me BBB.

I was gonna put leeds down as my first choice but hearing all this good stuff about manchester has made me think again. Leeds us supposed to be an excellent city for students with a great night life and its not too expensive apparantly. Is manchester better though?

Manchester is the biggest city outside of London metro wise, is much more of a pretty city IMO, with a gorgeous skyline. Manchester has as many, if not more bands visiting than London. I love how much there is to do in Manchester, I would have applied if I didn't already live here and want to experience somewhere else.

Also, the university has some real claim to fame, next year it will be the biggest University in Britain, with some interesting history, things like the atom model being discovered here, the first computer being built, I'm particularly impressed by the fact Alan Turing worked there.

Reply 57
curryADD
i luv orlando bloom

HOTTIE

So CurryADD - are you male/female - I always thought you was male...
Reply 58
fishpaste
Manchester is the biggest city outside of London metro wise, is much more of a pretty city IMO, with a gorgeous skyline. Manchester has as many, if not more bands visiting than London. I love how much there is to do in Manchester, I would have applied if I didn't already live here and want to experience somewhere else.

Also, the university has some real claim to fame, next year it will be the biggest University in Britain, with some interesting history, things like the atom model being discovered here, the first computer being built, I'm particularly impressed by the fact Alan Turing worked there.

The guy who invented the atomic model, I forget his name, grew up in the same village as me.
i know its nothing about the uni's but doe anyone visited Heywood>its about 20 mins away from M'chester!i used to live there!x

Latest

Trending

Trending