The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

KCL vs UCL vs Manchester for Masters

Hi! I've received offers from Kings, Manchester, and UCL. All programs are either International Political Economy or International Public Policy. Im from the US so haven't had a chance to meet many people from any of the schools to get a vibe. My brain is telling me to go for Kings or UCL because of rankings and global reputation, but most of the British people I know prefer Manchester to London. I did study abroad in London for a bit and loved us but this seems way more serious as I plan to start my career in the UK. Any opinions/tips would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lostamericanx
Hi! I've received offers from Kings, Manchester, and UCL. All programs are either International Political Economy or International Public Policy. Im from the US so haven't had a chance to meet many people from any of the schools to get a vibe. My brain is telling me to go for Kings or UCL because of rankings and global reputation, but most of the British people I know prefer Manchester to London. I did study abroad in London for a bit and loved us but this seems way more serious as I plan to start my career in the UK. Any opinions/tips would be appreciated :smile:
I would say to stay in London at Kings or UCL, the connections that you can get in London are higher than that in Manchester and yes global reputation definitely plays a role, especially for employers. I go to UCL and I absolutely love the city, but ultimately you'll make the decision that works best for you.Hope this helps :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending