Very close to leeds and manchester
Are you going to study there?
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol..

I've heard it's a ****hole lol
Reply 4
Original post by JanelleJacksonn
Student moving from Canada

if you like being in the british version of pakistan.

and like the other guy said. its boasting point is that its near better places leeds and manchester.

I would try and transfer elsewhere personally.
Yeah, bradford has a reputation for being an absolutely awful place to live - sorry to scare you. Get out while you can.
Im sorry its not that a abd place to live thanks very much. Ofcourse its not as good as Leeds or Manchester. And tbh the number of asian students in the uni is only 30% so it is a majority white uni. If you can make friends and forma good social circle you're sorted. Its up to the person to find something for themselves, everyone is different.
I mean don't be stereotypical on the basis of norms. The people on this thread are just being judgmental either or they have heard all this crap about Bradford from their friends etc. I mean as said above it is totally up to the person, some people find Manchester as crap as anything just because there is too much theft, and it is considered unsafe to be out in Manchester at 12 at night a warning which comes directly from their local police. So there are good and bad people everywhere, you just got to stay focused on your goals the environment shouldn't be impacting you greatly after all you are there to study not to have a good night life I think. :redface: Between if you don't mind discussing are you joining Bradford university in September ? :smile:
Original post by FuturePharmacist
I mean don't be stereotypical on the basis of norms. The people on this thread are just being judgmental either or they have heard all this crap about Bradford from their friends etc. I mean as said above it is totally up to the person, some people find Manchester as crap as anything just because there is too much theft, and it is considered unsafe to be out in Manchester at 12 at night a warning which comes directly from their local police. So there are good and bad people everywhere, you just got to stay focused on your goals the environment shouldn't be impacting you greatly after all you are there to study not to have a good night life I think. :redface: Between if you don't mind discussing are you joining Bradford university in September ? :smile:

Local police have warned its unsafe in Manchester after 12? Really?
Original post by lauren1x12
Local police have warned its unsafe in Manchester after 12? Really?

Yes there have been a few incidents, and I actually read it in news too so its better to stay indoors after 12. :smile:
Prashads in Bradford do an insaneley good curry.
It is okay but it is not all that. The night life is boring and everyone is pretty much the same types of people. However it is quite a small uni so you'll find you'll get to know everyone quickly and settle in
Can see who's not been to Bradford in this thread tbh - it's not that bad, all this talk of it being a ****hole and like Pakistan is just wrong. It's a fairly small place and a bit dull (not much goes on with Leeds so close), but that's pretty much it: it's a quiet, slightly boring place - not as bad as people would have you believe.
Original post by FuturePharmacist
Yes there have been a few incidents, and I actually read it in news too so its better to stay indoors after 12. :smile:

I live in Manchester, checked the news though and you're not lying. Shocked that a senior police officer would say that :eek:
I wouldn't consider it that bad, although I'm probably biased :wink:
I live in Manchester, checked the news though and you're not lying. Shocked that a senior police officer would say that :eek:

Exactly, all major cities are unsafe at night. Its just a shame the Bradford has been allowed to go down the drain slightly. Maybe of its ghetto nature or demographics. There has been a massive improvement scheme to make it better. The new Centenary Square with fountains is a refreshing change and is easily the most beautiful spot in the city. a new Westfields is being constructed right now and should be done in a couple of years.

Although the nightlife is virtually crap, thats why you have Leeds and Manchester close by for that. Food wise is THE cheapest place with so much variety and amazing curries.

And tbh most people who say 'Bradford is a complete ****hole are basically uncomfortable with asians' To them i would say if that is the case please dont bother applying there haha
Don't they call it Bradistan now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
Don't they call it Bradistan now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now? Na mate its been called that since the 70s

Lol I never said I was lying in the first place, anyways you have given the answer to your own question so I wouldn't say anything further. :smile:
Reply 18
Apart from the large population of S E Asia, are there any other actual qualities of Bradford that is worth believing? Especially to study at the University of Bradford?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found this Bradford guide for prospective students. Maybe you`ll find it helpful: http://www.universalstudentblog.com/2014/07/the-bradford-guide-for-prospective-students/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending