The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Xenon
So u had tried the high jump b4? Did u get to do that sort of stuff at school. My school only started doing things like that too late for me to have time to pick it up. Btw, feel sorry for your friend!

I had done it before, but hadn't done it for a whole year, in summer, we either do Cricket or Athletics, and I was on the cricket team that year...
Reply 21
theone
I had done it before, but hadn't done it for a whole year, in summer, we either do Cricket or Athletics, and I was on the cricket team that year...

Oh. why is football considered to be a winter sport, when it can be played all year round?
Reply 22
Xenon
Oh. why is football considered to be a winter sport, when it can be played all year round?

Don't know, we don't have a football team at my school, it's too small, we have rugby in winter and cricket in summer for boys. That's it :frown:
Reply 23
theone
Don't know, we don't have a football team at my school, it's too small, we have rugby in winter and cricket in summer for boys. That's it :frown:

We didn't have a girls' footie team at our school, though I think that they are making it better now (too late for me). I don't care now though, cos there'sthe uni team!
Reply 24
My 100m time for swimming (short course) frontcrawl is 1.04 which is crap but i'm not a 100f/c person, my fave is 200fly
Reply 25
100m - 13.66
200m - 27.87 (i think)
(btw, i cant run anymore)
jediknight007
Last time was 5 years ago in Year 8. I did it in 14secs something, 1sec slower than the year before. Must have piled on the pounds! But when it comes to chasing buses (if I have the courage to face the embarassment if I miss it), it's an entirely different story......

Yea, I also did the 400m in 1min 12secs and the 1,500 (which was a b******) in 7min 42secs.

Ive done 1500 in 5min 11.
real races are measured in miles:

Bath half marathon in 1 hour 45 minutes

can do the 100m in 14s
400 in 58s
800 in 2.13ish
Reply 28
i can do 200m sorry COULD do 100m in 14s

and 200 in 26.67s, but this was last year some time and i dont think i can run anymore. :redface:
I managed 100m in 13.1 seconds in Year 10, 200m in 27.0 seconds and 1500 in 9 minutes :rolleyes: :biggrin: I think I was more of a short distance runner! They had to send a search party out for me when I did cross country after school! I managed to get into the team though...as 8th (and last!) reserve!!!

They didnt have a girls football team at my school either, so I set one up! Took me 2 years to get the (male) PE teacher to agree to it though...he didnt think girls wanted to play football, until 37 of us turned up to the initial meeting!

x-Laura-x
100 meters, hmmm dunno. I can swipe a base in about 3.3 seconds, hows that??
Reply 31
horrorboy
just thought id add somethin different (not like im a good runner or anythin)

mine is 13.1 secs
mine is 12:13. i go athletics club thats why its fast.

Latest

Trending

Trending