The Student Room Group

Applying to American Uni as a international student

I am a student from the UK very interested in applying to study in America for University, particularly the University of Miami, because of my financial situation I will need large financial aid, probably a scholarship. I want to apply November 1st 2024 to start September 2025, so I have about a year and a half to get my application ready. Regarding sports, I am interested in running track, but realistically I know I will probably not be at D1 standard in time for Nov 1st, but, is it still worth me spending a considerable amount of time training even if I am not up to D1 standard? While I do enjoy running and will continue to do so regardless of weather it will helps me apply, I am not hell bent on running at Uni, the main question is, weather or not it is worth it and will it make a reasonable difference in my chances of a scholarship, even if I run at a lower level. Also what would be helpful is if anyone would be able to inform me of what my times should be for 100m 200m 400m etc (minimum-ideal-great) if I was going to include it in my application, what's more I would like to know how to go about informing universities of your sporting ability/accolades as a student from the UK. any advice appreciated.
Original post by JamesN25
I am a student from the UK very interested in applying to study in America for University, particularly the University of Miami, because of my financial situation I will need large financial aid, probably a scholarship. I want to apply November 1st 2024 to start September 2025, so I have about a year and a half to get my application ready. Regarding sports, I am interested in running track, but realistically I know I will probably not be at D1 standard in time for Nov 1st, but, is it still worth me spending a considerable amount of time training even if I am not up to D1 standard? While I do enjoy running and will continue to do so regardless of weather it will helps me apply, I am not hell bent on running at Uni, the main question is, weather or not it is worth it and will it make a reasonable difference in my chances of a scholarship, even if I run at a lower level. Also what would be helpful is if anyone would be able to inform me of what my times should be for 100m 200m 400m etc (minimum-ideal-great) if I was going to include it in my application, what's more I would like to know how to go about informing universities of your sporting ability/accolades as a student from the UK. any advice appreciated.

Hi there, It maybe beneficial to post your query on the main forum. Student Finance England won't fund students who aren't living and studying in the UK. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending