The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from an A level AQA exam

When is the latest you can do this?
I don't have a valid medical excuse or what not.
bubba.ok
When is the latest you can do this?
I don't have a valid medical excuse or what not.

Clicky. :smile:

There's nothing to stop you from just not turning up, but the last date to be able to request a refund of entry fees for January 2010 exams was 15 December 2009.
Reply 2
Illusionary
Clicky. :smile:

There's nothing to stop you from just not turning up, but the last date to be able to request a refund of entry fees for January 2010 exams was 15 December 2009.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me Illusionary :smile:

I've tried looking on that link but it doesn't give a date for last withdrawal without refund, i don't mind losing my money- or paying the school for the exam.
My situation is: i'm doing four a levels and a lot of as module retakes this month, but its going to be too much, so i need to drop physics a2. Because if i just don't turn up for the exam i'll get a U wont i? And then that has to be declared to universities when i apply this year?
Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions :o:
bubba.ok

I've tried looking on that link but it doesn't give a date for last withdrawal without refund, i don't mind losing my money- or paying the school for the exam.
My situation is: i'm doing four a levels and a lot of as module retakes this month, but its going to be too much, so i need to drop physics a2. Because if i just don't turn up for the exam i'll get a U wont i? And then that has to be declared to universities when i apply this year?

Link number 2.

Page 78 has your answer; I quote:
Withdrawal of entries

If you withdraw a candidate from one or more entries by the dates given in the table in on the next page, your centre will receive a refund of entry fees paid to that date.
We do not show the results of withdrawn candidates on the broadsheet of results; the candidates will receive no results for the entries from which they have been withdrawn. Their names will not appear on any lists of candidates produced after the withdrawal has been processed.
Please note that AQA cannot withdraw candidates/entries any later than a fortnight before the publication of results for the appropriate series.

You've got plenty of time! :smile:
Reply 4
I have the exact same problem. Maybe you should talk to your teacher.
Reply 5
Illusionary
Link number 2.

Page 78 has your answer; I quote:

You've got plenty of time! :smile:

So even if i've sat the exam i can still have be withdrawn!? :eek: :biggrin:
You are an absolute god send Illusionary, if i can ever help you with anything fire away. :o:
Hi, I'm actually having a similar problem. I would really appreciate it if you told me how you handled it !!! thanks
Original post by bubba.ok

Quick Reply

Latest