The Student Room Group

Easiest degree to do (@ a top 20 uni)

Hey TSR, what's the easiest degree to do at a top 20 uni (by easiest I mean the least amount of work to get a 2:1). I'm not going to university for love of the subject, and I'm not academic at all. Sadly one has to go to university to get a good job (so many people go employers think you're stupid otherwise). I'm probably going to go into management or finance or law, so something like civil engineering would be pretty useless. The only strict sciences I'd consider doing are Maths and Physics. I can't do a language. Otherwise I can do pretty much anything. I'm lazy as hell, so a large volume (relatively) of work isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm pretty clever, I don't mind a 'hard' subject, but I don't want a heavy subject that'll interfere with everything else I plan to be doing at uni.

Also preferably not a course that will have many of the following on: animal rights activists, labour supporters, vegans, metrosexual homosexuals and feminists (if of course these people gravitate to a particular type of course).

Thanks
P.

Scroll to see replies

Medicine.
Reply 2
:sigh:
Reply 3
If you wanna do management/finance/law then do something like, oh, i dunno, management and finance or possibly law?
Reply 4
It'll be whatever you're most naturally talented at.
Reply 5
sandeep90
Medicine.

Nah, Medicine is quite the opposite; pretty easy content wise but a hell of a lot of content.

Maybe try Maths - if you can get to grips with it the work load isn't bad.
It doesn't sound like university is for you. If you don't choose something which you love to study, there is a pretty high chance you will drop out and fail. Looking for the easiest degree course is not how you should be going about choosing a course.
Reply 7
If you're a genius, do maths. If you understand it all first time theres barely any work to do. Of course you won't understand it first time, but technically you can get away with doing the least work of any subject (on the assumption of you being a genius, which you aren't)
Reply 8
Why would you attempt to study something you don't enjoy? :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Nonbeatific
It doesn't sound like university is for you. If you don't choose something which you love to study, there is a pretty high chance you will drop out and fail. Looking for the easiest degree course is not how you should be going about choosing a course.

:yes:

If you don't want to go, don't waste the space.
Rubgish
If you're a genius, do maths. If you understand it all first time theres barely any work to do. Of course you won't understand it first time, but technically you can get away with doing the least work of any subject (on the assumption of you being a genius, which you aren't)

As someone who did almost no work in AS maths, I can agree with you. I was 4 marks from an A despite low attendance, and the main reason why I did so well is because of my raw ability in the subject. Needless to say I resat a paper so I could try and up the B to an A.
Uni (particularly from second year onwards) is hard enough when you enjoy the subject and have the motivation to do well.
You do not get a 2:1 in anything without trying.
I suggest you go for floristry @ Havering College. I hear it's going for uni status.
Forget about Law and Medicine. Try something like film or media studies
paella
Hey TSR, what's the easiest degree to do at a top 20 uni (by easiest I mean the least amount of work to get a 2:1). I'm not going to university for love of the subject, and I'm not academic at all. Sadly one has to go to university to get a good job (so many people go employers think you're stupid otherwise). I'm probably going to go into management or finance or law, so something like civil engineering would be pretty useless. The only strict sciences I'd consider doing are Maths and Physics. I can't do a language. Otherwise I can do pretty much anything. I'm lazy as hell, so a large volume (relatively) of work isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm pretty clever, I don't mind a 'hard' subject, but I don't want a heavy subject that'll interfere with everything else I plan to be doing at uni.

Also preferably not a course that will have many of the following on: animal rights activists, labour supporters, vegans, metrosexual homosexuals and feminists (if of course these people gravitate to a particular type of course).

Thanks
P.

no offence but a career in something like law defiantly wont suit you then. It requires a hell of a lot of work, and a good degree, ideally law itself, which is bloody hard to get into and quite a long slug in its self.
Reply 15
CassCassCassie
Do you know how tough it is to get a job even with a 2:1 from a top twenty uni?

The OP doesn't and neither do you.

If the OP uses the extra time they gain from doing a less time demanding degree to improve their ECs then they'd be in a much better position than most.
Reply 16
Based on what you want to do after how about economics? Picking a course because it is "easy" is stupid. You will find it easiest to do whatever you are most interested in.
Reply 17
paella

Thanks
P.

Science then Biology
Arts then Fine Art or English Language
Reply 18
:facepalm:

Do what you enjoy most or best at :yes:
i love how honest you are.

yeah do business/finance/marketing something like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending