The Student Room Group

MSc Finance Profile Evaluation

Hello everyone! I’m starting my last year of my undergraduate degree and I’m going to start applying to MSc Finance across Europe in the following months. I’m targeting top European schools such as Imperial, LSE, Oxford, Bocconi, Warwick, IE, etc.

Quick profile:

Double bachelors degree (5 years) in Law and Management in a top Portuguese university with an average grade so far of 16.8/20 in Law and 17.3/20 in Management. Had a medium amount of Mathematics and Statistics, as well as some light Econometrics and 2 big finance courses (Financial Markets and Corporate Finance). I’ve had excellent grades in all of them, as well in the the vast majority of the classes I took so far. I’ve obtained a merit scholarship for the 4 years I took so far, thanks to being among the top students of the class each year.
I did an exchange semester at Copenhagen Business School and got very good grades there as well.
I have just taken the GMAT and got a 750 unofficial score (waiting on my official score, probably coming in 1 week or so).
I did a summer internship at a Big 4 consulting firm this year, in the Corporate Tax department. I’ve also played a team sport since I was 6 years old and have won various trophies from very young to senior levels. I’ve played in Portugal and a bit in Denmark when I was in exchange there.
I’ve been part of a pro bono student consulting association in my uni, part of the student association, and part of a financial association of my uni writing articles on financial topics to be read by the students and faculty.

Do you guys think I have a chance at any of the top unis in Europe? I’m afraid they won’t like the fact that I do not come from a highly quantitative course such as Econ or Maths, that I come from a Portuguese uni (even if one of the best in the country), or that my only 1 month of internship isn’t enough.
Thanks a lot!
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi @PBVF :smile:

Thank you for your message. I think that you do not need to be worried about the fact that you studied in Portugal. And your academic excellence will for sure give you advantage over others.

Cranfield university offers one of the top MSc Finance courses. This Finance MSc is a top-ranked finance master's course. This postgraduate finance course (formerly Finance and Management MSc) is ranked as a UK top 10 and world top 50 Finance Master’s in International Business Rankings. The course provides you with a solid grounding in finance and investment and offers extensive training in the relevant tools and techniques and how to apply them practically in the global finance workplace.

Here is the link:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/finance

Cranfield university is a university close to London, it is located between Bedford and Milton Keynes, in a very beautiful and quiet place close to nature.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Lucie,
PhD student
Student ambassador
Cranfield. University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending