The Student Room Group

Uni choice

Hiiiii,
Can anyone suggest me the top uni in uk that will be suitable for doing an undergraduate degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning?
More than uni life I am concerned the best out of academia I am confused because I don’t want to make a choice based on being overrated, popular or reputed and then end up investing a lot of money but not output return in terms of skills. If anyone could suggest I’ll be grateful.
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Cahetal2804
Hiiiii,
Can anyone suggest me the top uni in uk that will be suitable for doing an undergraduate degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning?
More than uni life I am concerned the best out of academia I am confused because I don’t want to make a choice based on being overrated, popular or reputed and then end up investing a lot of money but not output return in terms of skills. If anyone could suggest I’ll be grateful.
Thank you

I’ve seen Imperial do a good machine learning course. High entry requirements though. Depends what you class as top. Warwick, bath, imperial etc all have good machine learning in the 3rd year
Reply 2
Original post by Cahetal2804
Hiiiii,
Thank you
If I can offer some advice I would say you are going to have to do your homework. Finding universities that offer the course you are looking for is the easiest part but nothing beats talking to the horses mouth so go to an open day and speak to the course tutors. In addition, if you can speak to students on the course that can be gold dust. A lot of universities also offer online chat options which put you in touch with students studying at the university so think carefully about any questions you might have and go for it.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Cambridge is well regarded for machine learning.

I would say:

AI and Robotics - Imperial, Edinburgh
Machine Learning - Cambridge, Imperial
Cybersecurity - Oxford, Cambridge.

There are many other good institutions as mentioned by @j4red but as @hotpud says, you need to consider which University aligns best with your interests. I would say your best shout is Cambridge since you want a machine learning focus and the Cambridge course is quite Mathsy so it will come in clutch.

Also, for reference, these are all CS courses, not ML and AI courses. If you want ah AI+ML course, go to Imperial or Edinburgh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending