The Student Room Group

Cifas marker ending in 2028

I moved to the uk in 2019, I opened Monzo that same here for some weird reasons which I don’t even remember what they told me but they insist they are closing my account. My account got closed and that was it . I just received my refugee status two weeks ago and I have tried both online and mainstream banks but they keep closing my account. I have checked my credit score the various agencies and there was no history about me on the system. Now I qualify for benefits and will to study but I don’t know how to open account to facilitate the process of getting student loans and finance . Can anyone help me the with right route
Original post by Kofi1000
I moved to the uk in 2019, I opened Monzo that same here for some weird reasons which I don’t even remember what they told me but they insist they are closing my account. My account got closed and that was it . I just received my refugee status two weeks ago and I have tried both online and mainstream banks but they keep closing my account. I have checked my credit score the various agencies and there was no history about me on the system. Now I qualify for benefits and will to study but I don’t know how to open account to facilitate the process of getting student loans and finance . Can anyone help me the with right route

Your first step should be submitting a subject access request to CIFAS to confirm whether you have any markers registered:

https://www.cifas.org.uk/dsar

Have you been bankless since the Monzo closure?
Reply 2
Yes I have been bankless because I wasn’t working at the time. I was mainly depending on my partner.

I tried to request for the access report but I’m unable to provide some of the requirements like council tax, utility bills etc. because my name hasn’t gone through the system yet
Original post by Kofi1000
Yes I have been bankless because I wasn’t working at the time. I was mainly depending on my partner.

I tried to request for the access report but I’m unable to provide some of the requirements like council tax, utility bills etc. because my name hasn’t gone through the system yet

That may be a factor in why other places are declining you, if there's not much info to build up a credit report.

If you can't provide other identifying docs to CIFAS you will have to wait until one is issued.
Reply 4
I went to credit union today and they found out I have cifas in my name for 5 years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending