The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can't wait to the three part finale :biggrin:
Hope all the speculation is true otherwise I'm gutted.
By the way, Gwen looked proper...urm...done up in the preview. Wonder what job she's been doing to make money :lol:
Original post by Snagprophet
Wow, so Arthur think's it's fine to slaughter men? Wow.

Meh probably because they were fighting back, whereas the women werent. And children, well, self explanatory.
Reply 982
Original post by facetious
Meh probably because they were fighting back, whereas the women werent. And children, well, self explanatory.

Considering the sexes of the good and evil magicians we've seen, I'd be just as wary of female druids as male druids :tongue:

In fact, can anyone remember a good female magician from the whole series? :s-smilie: I can think of that girl who couldn't stop herself from changing into that flying cat thing, who Merlin fell for, but she wasn't really a spellcaster. Of course, everything's a bit fuzzy between good and evil when you factor in they're all out for revenge against Uther.
Original post by Hopple
Considering the sexes of the good and evil magicians we've seen, I'd be just as wary of female druids as male druids :tongue:

In fact, can anyone remember a good female magician from the whole series? :s-smilie: I can think of that girl who couldn't stop herself from changing into that flying cat thing, who Merlin fell for, but she wasn't really a spellcaster. Of course, everything's a bit fuzzy between good and evil when you factor in they're all out for revenge against Uther.

Yeah but a young Arthur probably wouldnt have thought that way. He'd be out for honour and stuff like that, and we've already seen how he is uncomfortable harming women, even in combat - ie, Morgause when she challenged him. If it had been Uther, no doubt he wouldve put the order to kill everyone there.
Reply 984
Original post by facetious
Yeah but a young Arthur probably wouldnt have thought that way. He'd be out for honour and stuff like that, and we've already seen how he is uncomfortable harming women, even in combat - ie, Morgause when she challenged him. If it had been Uther, no doubt he wouldve put the order to kill everyone there.

True, but if the male druids were fighting back than surely the female druids would fight back as well, especially if the soldiers were killing their kids. Either both sexes were capable of fighting back, and would have, to protect their kids, or they were some sort of potions druids who couldnt use magic to fight :s-smilie: If it were just a man-druid-killing raid then perhaps you can say that the men decided to give themselves up peacefully to protect their families, but surely the mothers would go nuts before letting people kill their kids?
Original post by Aust1n
I think you should just post the link up and people can read if they want to?

Link in original post. Only reason I was doing it the other way was people in the Dr Who thread don't want to know but sometimes just click away on the spoiler and then have it ruined for them.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Link in original post. Only reason I was doing it the other way was people in the Dr Who thread don't want to know but sometimes just click away on the spoiler and then have it ruined for them.

I can't find it :frown:
Original post by Hopple
True, but if the male druids were fighting back than surely the female druids would fight back as well, especially if the soldiers were killing their kids. Either both sexes were capable of fighting back, and would have, to protect their kids, or they were some sort of potions druids who couldnt use magic to fight :s-smilie: If it were just a man-druid-killing raid then perhaps you can say that the men decided to give themselves up peacefully to protect their families, but surely the mothers would go nuts before letting people kill their kids?

Yeah. I guess the soldiers didnt really care, and killed everyone anyway. I guess theyd be less likely to listen to a young Arthur.
Reply 988
Original post by maxcartwright

http://www.tv.com/shows/merlin/episodes/

Credit to SirMasterKey!
(edited 12 years ago)

:cry2::cry2:
I watched Merlin at my boyfriend's university house because his housemate watches it and I must admit that one episode got me hooked! Haven't had the time to watch one since but it was good :biggrin:
Original post by maxcartwright

In the PM or on the previous page? In both cases it was in a hyberlink on the final word.

Or you can click on Ashfully's post above....
Reply 993
http://youtu.be/SzvNmu_IMvI

So this is a deleted scene with Arthur and Gwen from series 4 episode 3.
I DO NOT understand why this was deleted!!!!!!
Original post by Ashfully
http://youtu.be/SzvNmu_IMvI

So this is a deleted scene with Arthur and Gwen from series 4 episode 3.
I DO NOT understand why this was deleted!!!!!!

What????

Why cut it out, it shows how Arthur is not totally against the idea of magic! They then could show his character hardening after this with Uther dying. Bad show producers. Bad show.

Why have the episodes already been rated?
Reply 996
So excited about tonights episode. :woo:
Reply 997
Original post by Ascendansy

Why have the episodes already been rated?

I thought the exact same thing. Perhaps it's weirdos on the internet? I don't get how you could actually see the episode before the BBC airs it. Unless...

... it's actual reviewers. Mhmmmmm. Maybe that's it?
Original post by norg
I thought the exact same thing. Perhaps it's weirdos on the internet? I don't get how you could actually see the episode before the BBC airs it. Unless...

... it's actual reviewers. Mhmmmmm. Maybe that's it?

I think it is weirdos on the internet, anyone can rate any episode at any time - and there is only 1 or 4 votes on episodes yet to air, there is 100s on others.
Reply 999
Maybe they're so sure they'll love or hate it they rate it beforehand? :tongue:

Three 10s and a 1 give 7.8.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest