Sailing on Stormy Seas 🌩

Watch this thread
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Making this so I have somewhere to just spam and spam given that my previous blogs are now all rotting cadavers in this site’s recycle bin. I am a sorcerer from a town atop a cliff, a son of the ice cold sea. Demonson’s often about, watch out.

Name:  F38A8ABB-6CC6-4476-9EC1-EFD1DC339939.jpeg
Views: 372
Size:  310.9 KB
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 4 weeks ago
Son of the Sea
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Me when I see nutella in the cupboard:

Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
Making this so I have somewhere to call my own where I can post, even if much less frequently than my previous blogs which are now all rotting cadavers in this site’s recycle bin. An inglorious end, but it really was for the best.
yayyyyyyyyyyy for mr celtic
SammysBunnies
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey! xx
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Waiting for you even how you treat me you're my baby even when you leave me maybe I'm the problem and the one that's causing all of this I cant say I love you no more cus my friends gon judge me for sure it took some time but I realised you do me wrong but it feels right feels like I'm stuck on you
Spoiler:
Show
bagsied anon #1
Son of the Sea
Rep:
(Original post by SammysBunnies)
Hey! xx
Hi!
Wise Goldie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi!
how you doing celtic?
Son of the Sea
Rep:
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
how you doing celtic?
I'm super spiffing. You, Sir Gold??
Wise Goldie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm super spiffing. You, Sir Gold??
im ok thanks mr celtic

did you get tag for my new music game ?
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Imaginal Castle

Spoiler:
Show
This is an imaginal world I have created and perfected over the years. I visit it often, not as an escape though. My reality is wonderful, I have no need to escape it. No, this world is one I visit purely for pleasure, it's like home. I will outline what it looks like below.

The entrance to this dimension is in the real world, a house in Oxford in fact. So I walk through the door but instead of stepping into this house I step into a new world, the door opens onto a landscape, open nature. About 100 m in front of me there is the most enormous and beautiful castle that has ever existed. As I look back the entrance to this world which from the real world is a house in Oxford, from this world is a tree. So there's a thick tree with an old and crooked door in it which if open allows me to see into Oxford. As I walk over the grass towards the castle there's a river running across the landscape that also circles the entire castle and forms a natural moat. Within this castle complex there's a huge hexagonal tower slightly separated from the main castle. Based loosely on the real Raglan Castle:

Name:  raglan.jpeg
Views: 336
Size:  27.8 KB

However, the structure of this tower in my dimension is different. Firstly, it is the only portion of the castle that I would consider as my living quarters. The ground floor of the tower houses a stunning modern kitchen diner that's open plan and airy. There are then spiral stone steps that go onto the first floor of the tower which is a huge yet extremely cozy lounge. Based on the Gryffindor common room:

Name:  gryff.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  222.7 KB

The lounge is bigger than the above picture but just as cozy, with warm reds, golds and browns adding to the ambiance. The furniture is mismatched and consists of extremely comfortable armchairs, sofas and cushions. There are beautiful medieval tapestries on the wall depicting great historical and mythological figures and events. There are wooden beams on the ceiling and elaborate chandeliers that add to the character of the room. There is a fireplace as well as a modern TV. Off this lounge are my children's bedrooms. Bear in mind that though this hexagonal tower may not look very wide from outside, inside it is much much bigger, just like the tents in the HP movies. Similar to the picture above, there are more spiral stone steps with a window behind them that lead to a gallery where one can sit and watch the people below. These steps then continue to the top floor, the entirety of which is my wife and I's bedroom. The entire top floor is made of glass, even the roof, which is still shaped like the top of a defensive tower with battlements and the like, but it's all glass. There is an enormous four poster bed but it has no drapes over it because that way when my wife and I are lying in bed we can look up through the glass ceiling and see the stars. There are other pieces of furniture in this room, all of which are wooden and vintage, like a fancy mahogany desk and tall cupboards. How amazing it is to wake up in the morning and stand by the glass wall watching the breathtaking landscape below while sipping on a hot chocolate. Paradise.

The lounge section of the tower has a glass bridge that connects it to the main castle which contains an enormous and elaborate banquet hall. Like this but bigger:

Name:  hall.jpeg
Views: 307
Size:  336.6 KB

However, this hall is only used for guests, not everyday use. One end of it is also entirely made of stained glass window which depicts maidens, knights, dragons, kings, queens, battles. And these figures actually move and interact and play out the scenes. The rest of the castle houses many beautiful courtyards and quads like this one:

Name:  brasenose.jpeg
Views: 311
Size:  142.1 KB

The main castle also houses rooms for guests which would be found in the quads like the picture above. There is also en enormous and elegant library which contains every book that has ever been written. But despite its grandeur, there are hidden nooks and crannies where one can sink into a cosy armchair that's by a window and get lost in a good book while it pours outside. And the rest of the castle is pretty much there just for me to explore it, to look out from the towers that are hundreds of metres high, to find hidden corridors and entrances, to discover rooms full of trinkets and treasures. And the layout of the castle constantly changes and shifts so that there are always new things to discover and explore!

Back to outside. As you approach the castle there is no way to cross the moat. What happens is as you get close a bridge appears that leads you over the water and to the castle's doors which are also unique. They are enormous and entirely made of glass and also depict knights, mythological creatures, heralds, coats of arms and so on, but this time the figures don't move. And the figures are in very vibrant colours so that when the sun shines through them they cast shimmering lights in the water as well as the great entrance to the castle. And once one is over the bridge it vanishes, it only appears when someone needs to cross the moat and afterwards it dissolves into nothingness.

The moat and the entire river is composed of water that is of the highest clarity, indistinguishable from the cleanest glass. It could be hundreds of metres deep and you'd be able to see the bottom as if it were just air that filled it instead of water. In fact, this is a characteristic feature of this world: all bodies of water, no matter how big or deep are crystal clear, even the oceans, which look like flowing glass. You can stand on a cliff and clearly see the whales and sharks even though they may be hundreds of metres below the surface.

Moving onto the fauna. This world contains many of the same species as Earth: deer, foxes, ducks, pheasants, pigeons, rats, mice and so on. The same goes for trees, there are oaks, elms, silver birches, beeches and many more. But there are also many species that are unique to this dimension: trees whose leaves and branches produce a soft light and make it possible to see at night. Translucent trees where one can see all the inner veins and other features. Deer with black fur and silver horns. I am in the process of designing more unique animals and plants.

Behind the castle there is an almost infinitely dense and extensive forest of deciduous trees. All trees in this world are deciduous, there are no pines or evergreen plants. This world contains other forests, lakes, valleys, mountains, fields, moors, bogs, gorges, cliffs, stunning coastlines, huge oceans. Natural landscapes generally reminiscent of Europe. There are also 3 moons in the night sky arranged in a C shape and they are all in different stages of the lunar cycle, one could be a full moon, the other crescent and the other gibbous. It is very rare for all 3 cycles to match and only happens roughly once every 377 years. There are seasons but they aren't as extreme as on Earth, winter lasts only about 2 months and the rest of the year is more of an early summer feel, warm but not too hot. Most days have a clear blue sky and a shining sun yet by magic all the plants are sustained even though it doesn't rain much. Every so often I cause bad weather and huge thunderstorms to happen so that the novelty of the summer weather doesn't wear off.

On the great grass plain between the entrance to this world and the castle there is a masterpiece of a tree. It rises from the earth and at some point its thick trunk splits in two and each side grows into a tree, so it's two trees that share a single trunk. The trunk and branches of this tree are completely transparent and it gives off light. You can see the veins of glowing light travelling up the tree. One side of the tree has leaves and big fruit that glow the most glorious gold and the other tree has leaves and flowers that glow the most sumptuous silver. During the day the golden side shines very bright and the silver side is very dim. As the day wears on the golden side gets dimmer and the silver side shines stronger. There is a glorious moment in the evening where both lights are at about the same intensity and this moment is known as the mingling of the lights. The golden side then becomes dim and the silver side glows bright throughout the night. The Sun and Moon tree. And below this glorious creation there is a nice picnic table where guests can sit at on warm summer evenings and nights while chatting, laughing and drinking while a bonfire burns nearby and the crickets sing in the background. The most beautiful place in existence.
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 2 months ago
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Luca was a great film!!
Next one to watch: Raya and the Last Dragon!
Wise Goldie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I did.
i thought you might have a go cos your very good about music and you know alot
Son of the Sea
Rep:
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
i thought you might have a go cos your very good about music and you know alot
The first one was a Weeknd song I think (sounds like him but I don’t listen to his music so don’t know the song). And another one was the tiger song by Katy Perry.
Wise Goldie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The first one was a Weeknd song I think (sounds like him but I don’t listen to his music so don’t know the song). And another one was the tiger song by Katy Perry.
yeh they both right lol
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I heard the weeknd and I am here
Hi again :mmm:
This isn't who you think it is
Son of the Sea
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I heard the weeknd and I am here

This isn't who you think it is
Sure it isn’t 🤭
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Sure it isn’t 🤭
Try tagging me... 😔
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Wait don't actually tag me, but I dont exist anymore
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
^ If you want me to remove that post just say 😌
Yes pls
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Next one to watch: Raya and the Last Dragon!
This was also amazing!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (39)
20.21%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (95)
49.22%
First aid skills (17)
8.81%
Personal safety skills (7)
3.63%
Sign language (19)
9.84%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (13)
6.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.55%

Watched Threads