The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have offers for Politics from Nottingham, Sheffield and Lancaster so far. At the moment, Nottingham is my first choice by far.
Reply 2
Lucy001
Any other politics applicants out there?

I think I'm going to choose Bristol.. Also have offers at Notts and B'ham.

Ahhh...good luck, Lucy :smile:
Reply 3
i've applied for spanish and politics and sheffield. as yet no reply but then i did apply later.
Hi there, great to hear from fellow Polticians, I haven't found many so far....

My application currently stands as follows.....

I haven't heard ANYTHING from the only three uni's that I really want to go to:

LSE (Goverment)
York (Politics)
Warwick (Politics with International Studies)

And I'm getting really worried because I've heard about offers having already been made for all three of the above courses.

However, my other 3 uni's, which I really would be disapointed to end up at (no offence to anyone), are as follows:

Bath - AAB (Politics w/ Economics)
Essex - Interview
Sheffield - BBB

Please reply if you can tell me anything at all relevant to my courses!

Thank you!

Tomxx
Reply 5
tomhitchings

LSE (Goverment)
York (Politics)

And I'm getting really worried because I've heard about offers having already been made for all three of the above courses.

However, my other 3 uni's, which I really would be disapointed to end up at (no offence to anyone), are as follows:

Essex - Interview
Sheffield - BBB

Thank you!

Tomxx

Well I haven't heard of anyone hearing from LSE about Government. I applied there as a sixth choice and haven't heard yet. Still waiting Warwick too. I'm still mourning my lost place (rejected) for SPS at Cam. I was pooled and they said I was good enough... Not sure whether to reapply or stick to Bristol
Shame none of your are going to Manchester I could have helped you out there.
Reply 7
tomhitchings

LSE (Goverment)
York (Politics)

I wouldn't worry, really.

I have an offer from York (for Phil/Pol) but that only came months after other people got their's. Haven't heard anything about Warwick (PPE) although I believe some people have offers.

As a general rule, if you know they've made offers, but haven't rejected you straight, it must mean that a) there are more offers to come and b) you are still under consideration for one of them.

So don't worry!
Reply 8
llama boy
I wouldn't worry, really.

I have an offer from York (for Phil/Pol) but that only came months after other people got their's. Haven't heard anything about Warwick (PPE) although I believe some people have offers.

As a general rule, if you know they've made offers, but haven't rejected you straight, it must mean that a) there are more offers to come and b) you are still under consideration for one of them.

So don't worry!

I got an offer from warwick for politics and international study but i would like to know what are the job prospects after the degree would it be respected my offer is abb/b inAS.
Reply 9
politics
I got an offer from warwick for politics and international study but i would like to know what are the job prospects after the degree would it be respected my offer is abb/b inAS.
Yeah, warwick is very respected. Only really behind Oxbridge and LSE in that respect.

Arguably, the departments are better at York, but somehow that degree doesn't seem to have quite the same kudos.
politics

Can I ask how you got your offer, I have heard that they come in the post and not on the UCAS site (does that mean I am going to have to start frantically checking the post every morning now, like I do with the internet every evening!)

Thanks for all the replies to my post....

In response to the York/Warwick question I have visited both and did plenty of pre-UCAS research, the conclusions I drew were:

- York course is better, department is stronger, teaching quality much higher
- Warwick better for social life
- York nicer place to live (in fact I have to say I absolutely fell in love with York uni when I visited, Warwick didn't strike me in quite the same way
- Warwick better quality uni overall, more influential, and opens up more opportunies (also, Bill Clinton, for instance, gave a talk there, and Clare Short was speaking last night. Whereas York is not able to pull in any big names)
- York is 'Univ of the Year' but I think that Warwick is 'going places' more so
- Warwick has far better facilites

I could probably go on, but you've probably stopped reading by now anyway!

Either way, let me know what you think, and remember that we Politicians have an obligation now to keep this post active!

Thanks,

Tom
Reply 11
Lucy001
Any other politics applicants out there?

I think I'm going to choose Bristol.. Also have offers at Notts and B'ham.

Just what does one need to complete in a degree for a career in politics over there?
Reply 12
Sire
Just what does one need to complete in a degree for a career in politics over there?

Do you mean what's on the syllabus? It's generally a mixture of UK and foreign politics, plus varying amounts of political theory and theorists; there's often a sociological element too, which means inevitable links between people like M. Wolstencraft and Godwin.
Reply 13
if one has an offer from the following: bham international relations, leeds international relations, warwick politics and international study which one to choose and why help appreciated
Reply 14
politics
if one has an offer from the following: bham international relations, leeds international relations, warwick politics and international study which one to choose and why help appreciated
warwick. best department. best reputation.
Reply 15
Having lived in london/brighton for the last few years, the thought of a very contained campus (like warwick) where all your social life completely revolves around the student union is a bit claustrophobic (for me at least.) It's a bit limited in terms of culture/arts as well.. If I'm living somewhere for three years I want to be able to go and see some decent theatre thats within a few miles radius!
Tigs x x
tomhitchings

LSE (Goverment)
York (Politics)

Essex - Interview
Sheffield - BBB

Thank you!

Tomxx

only two kisses for these guys tom?.. dont worry about warwick, supposedly slow at giving offers and many people on here havnt heard from them...see you 2moro,m

Latest

Trending

Trending