The Student Room Group

politics with economics

What's the difference between "politics with economics" and "economics with politics"? (Bath uni)
Original post by bca1237
What's the difference between "politics with economics" and "economics with politics"? (Bath uni)

In this case, the subject that comes first in the degree title is the "major" and the latter subject the "minor". In other words, in econ & pol you do more economics than politics. But I would recommend looking at the course structure/modules before deciding. Had a friend who did politics and economics there, he said it was less quantitative than the other course as it had more politics classes.
Original post by bca1237

Hi,

We are so pleased to hear that you are considering some of our courses at the University of Bath. In my first year I had two flatmates who did those courses - and essentially the first subject is their 'main' subject and the second subject they study in less detail in comparison.

For example, the 'politics with economics' course has a greater emphasis on politics with less on economics.

Please check out the module options for both courses to gain a greater understanding of the courses. 'Modules' at university are like mini subjects or classes within your degree and most students take about 5 modules per semester. Each module will have a specific exam/coursework schedule and will have a main theme/subject that they will cover. Some modules will be compulsory and others you will be able to choose. As you progress throughout university there tends to be more optional modules to best suit your interests!

https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/politics/bsc-politics-with-economics/
https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/economics/bsc-economics-with-politics/

I hope this is helpful and please let us know if you have any more questions!

Sophia (2nd Year Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending