The Student Room Group

anyone doing intensive a levels at home?

im doing 3 subjects intensive as a home student and i need help with my ucas, ive finished most of the sections apart form Reference. I called UCAS and asked them who can do my reference and they said i could use a private tutor.
However, i was wondering if my private tutor states that i am doing an intensive course from home in my application?
also as i dont have predicted grades what do i do?

i need help asap as i want o send off my application this week

thanks
Reply 1
hi
ive also been doing 3 @ home (biology, psych and maths) and am close to sending off my application. im using my employer to do my reference. use your personal statement to fill them in on how youve been studying and regarding predicted grades, i cant put anything there either but yourll have your exam grades so far as an indicator. what subjects are you taking anyway?
Reply 2
Original post by Liv345
hi
ive also been doing 3 @ home (biology, psych and maths) and am close to sending off my application. im using my employer to do my reference. use your personal statement to fill them in on how youve been studying and regarding predicted grades, i cant put anything there either but yourll have your exam grades so far as an indicator. what subjects are you taking anyway?

Finally!! someone in the same situation as me! ive waited a long time lol
are you studying intensively? as and a levels in 1 year?
im studying economics which i had done last year psychology which i only need to do my a2 in and also maths which ive only stated this year
how are you finding it?
Reply 3
Original post by dropbeats1000
are you studying intensively? as and a levels in 1 year?

yup - wel i did psych A2 last year and AS bio, this year im doing A2 bio, A2 maths and AS eng. I find maths the best one to do really as its straightforward regarding whether or not your doing well. english however is a bit of pain as im going by my own judgement. hows urs workin out for u?
Original post by Liv345
hi

I am in the same position, I was thinking of asking my employer but I'm not sure...

Did your employer say anything about your going to uni? I had to get mine to sign my exam forms he seemed pissed off that I was bothering him with it

I read that references were 4,000 word essays... did your employer write a lot or was it just a generic reference with predicted grades added?

Do you work for a big company or a small place?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I've got no one else to ask lol
Reply 5
does it count if you're doing them with tutors?
Reply 6
wel when they employed me they knew what i was planning on doing and that id only be staying about a year or so. i work at a small care home and when i asked they just said whatever i need :smile:
i havnt actually sent off my application off yet - planning on it this week.
Reply 7
Original post by Liv345
yup - wel i did psych A2 last year and AS bio, this year im doing A2 bio, A2 maths and AS eng. I find maths the best one to do really as its straightforward regarding whether or not your doing well. english however is a bit of pain as im going by my own judgement. hows urs workin out for u?

right, well i done AS Psyc last year and im doing as maths, as economics in jan then in june ill be doing a2 maths and a2 eco as well as a2 maths its a lot of work i know, studying for maths is straight forward but not when oyu dont understand the concepts properly...if you know any good methods of understanding its theory please do share lol
as for a reference im thinking of asking my private tutor, i called ucas and they said that would be fine...
Reply 8
Original post by worldscollide
I am in the same position, I was thinking of asking my employer but I'm not sure...

Did your employer say anything about your going to uni? I had to get mine to sign my exam forms he seemed pissed off that I was bothering him with it

I read that references were 4,000 word essays... did your employer write a lot or was it just a generic reference with predicted grades added?

Do you work for a big company or a small place?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I've got no one else to ask lol

i dont think its 4000 words it is 4000 characters including spaces...
Reply 9
studying for maths is straight forward but not when oyu dont understand the concepts properly...if you know any good methods of understanding its theory please do share lol

i know what you mean. all i can say is if it doesnt click with the text that your learning from, go to other sources. there are so many sites (and youtube videos) dedicated to maths that eventually you find someone explains it jst right for you.
i dont think its 4000 words it is 4000 characters including spaces...

oh thats a relief lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending