The Student Room Group

Cambridge- mitigating circumstances at time of exam

i have an offer to study at cambridge in the autumn, at a smaller college for a less popular subject (about 150 applicants a year), but I’m very worried I will not reach my offer. i recently spent two weeks in hospital, including a week on respiratory support in intensive care whilst in critical condition. my college are aware of the circumstances, they were sent a letter my the intensive care unit. obviously i’m dealing with the impacts still (I was sent home in early April, and had to spend a further week recovering at home), and I’m very worried that this will cause me to miss my offer. Does anyone know how seriously they’ll take this?
(edited 10 months ago)
I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you are on the mend.
You should definitely contact your examinations officer about putting this in to the exam boards. Have the school suggested that to you?
Original post by lucdug
i have an offer to study in the autumn, at a smaller college for a less popular subject (about 150 applicants a year), but I’m very worried I will not reach my offer. i recently spent two weeks in hospital, including a week on respiratory support in intensive care whilst in critical condition. my college are aware of the circumstances, they were sent a letter my the intensive care unit. obviously i’m dealing with the impacts still (I was sent home in early April, and had to spend a further week recovering at home), and I’m very worried that this will cause me to miss my offer. Does anyone know how seriously they’ll take this?

They will take it very seriously.
Reply 3
Original post by lucdug
i have an offer to study at cambridge in the autumn, at a smaller college for a less popular subject (about 150 applicants a year), but I’m very worried I will not reach my offer. i recently spent two weeks in hospital, including a week on respiratory support in intensive care whilst in critical condition. my college are aware of the circumstances, they were sent a letter my the intensive care unit. obviously i’m dealing with the impacts still (I was sent home in early April, and had to spend a further week recovering at home), and I’m very worried that this will cause me to miss my offer. Does anyone know how seriously they’ll take this?

My mate last year was relatively severely ill to the point where it affected her exams, missed her grades but still got into Oxford. And even still she was nowhere near going to hospital. I'm sure if you're in critical condition this would get taken even more seriously. I know you've contacted the college but make sure the exam boards know as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending