The Student Room Group

Would it be advisable to answer a Politics Unit 1 question in order of c, b, a?

Rather than answering a Unit 1 question in the order of A,b,c, is it better to start with c and work backwards? Is this allowed? Only thought of this as part C is the most valuable of the questions.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by RosieRayner

Not really, as the questions are related in a subject area. You can usually answer the mindless 'a' question directly, which gets you thinking about the subject. You have enough time to answer all 3, if you pace yourself correctly. Remember, everyone else gets the same amount of time as you!

The question's marks go 5, 10, 30 at AS if I'm not mistaken. Question A+B are 1/3 of the marks for the paper in whole, and easy marks if you get them right. If you rush them after doing an amazing 'c' answer, and you'll feel awful about the exam.
Reply 3
Original post by AskMeAnything
Not really, as the questions are related in a subject area. You can usually answer the mindless 'a' question directly, which gets you thinking about the subject. You have enough time to answer all 3, if you pace yourself correctly. Remember, everyone else gets the same amount of time as you!

The question's marks go 5, 10, 30 at AS if I'm not mistaken. Question A+B are 1/3 of the marks for the paper in whole, and easy marks if you get them right. If you rush them after doing an amazing 'c' answer, and you'll feel awful about the exam.

Okay, thanks. I'm not sure on whether the part C question is worth 30 marks or not, but it could well be in AS. I did think it was 25 though.
Reply 4
Original post by RosieRayner
Okay, thanks. I'm not sure on whether the part C question is worth 30 marks or not, but it could well be in AS. I did think it was 25 though.

Sorry, just looked in my AS book, it is 25 marks for part C. Thanks for your advice! :smile:
Reply 5
My teacher recommended doing this, because if you run out of time, chances are you would only loose 5 marks rather than 25 marks. I did that in both exams last year and I found it made the exam less stressful :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah, I'm doing c) b) a) like Trixy.Sam...
Reply 7
Just remember a minute a mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending