The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 2 - 7152/2 7 June 2023 [Exam chat]

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 2 - 7152/2 7 June 2023 [Exam chat]

Here is the discussion for the US and comparative politics exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management! :h:

Date/Time: Wednesday 7th June PM
Length: 2h

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

@Evil Homer Please add this to the list, thanks :smile:
Original post by anonymoususerUK
@Evil Homer Please add this to the list, thanks :smile:

Thank you so much! I've got it on the list.

How did your first paper go?
Do we know topics that haven’t come up for a while?
Reply 4
The 2022 exam, had 9 markers on voting factor, checks and balances on the president, rational theory. Source on lobbying and essays on civil rights comparison and federalism v devolution.

My teacher thinks elections and the judiciary could be asked on this paper
Reply 5
aaa how’s everyone revising for paper 2?? any predictions?
Reply 6
Cultural theory has a big chance of coming up. Rational unlikely
Reply 7
I feel like committees are unlikely to come up as a 25 marker right? considering the extract we had from p1
Yeah, doubt that. Think Supreme Court will be likely asked as either a 9 marker or a 25 mark essay, since it's only been asked once as a 25 mark source. Constitution is unlikely since its ben asked twice for 9 markers and three times as a 25 mark essay. Congress as a source might be asked as well since it's not been asked yet, but I'm honestly not sure what they could ask, since the effectiveness of scrutiny of Congress compared to Parliament was already asked in 2021 paper.
Original post by because...
I feel like committees are unlikely to come up as a 25 marker right? considering the extract we had from p1
Yes, or structural. Both cultural and structural have been asked once; structural in 2019 on the topic of Supreme Court, and Cultural in 2021 on the topic of 2021. Maybe a cultural or structural one about parties this year? Possible
Original post by Armzn
Cultural theory has a big chance of coming up. Rational unlikely
Elections topic is probably likely, along with Congress and Supreme Court
Original post by username5870988
Do we know topics that haven’t come up for a while?
Essay plans on every 9 marker possible, and some 25 markers
Original post by jiaaap!
aaa how’s everyone revising for paper 2?? any predictions?
Original post by chomskylover
Yes, or structural. Both cultural and structural have been asked once; structural in 2019 on the topic of Supreme Court, and Cultural in 2021 on the topic of 2021. Maybe a cultural or structural one about parties this year? Possible

Maybe a structural question on direct democracy in the UK and US? Or cultural differences between political parties in the US and UK? Structural might also lend itself to a question on campaign finance, which hasn’t come up whatsoever except in the specimen papers.

Essay plans on every 9 marker possible, and some 25 markers

Is there a bank of 9 markers somewhere? Can’t find it for US - I’d be so grateful if you could point me in the right direction!
Reply 13
Original post by IsMiseGeorge
Maybe a structural question on direct democracy in the UK and US? Or cultural differences between political parties in the US and UK? Structural might also lend itself to a question on campaign finance, which hasn’t come up whatsoever except in the specimen papers.

Is there a bank of 9 markers somewhere? Can’t find it for US - I’d be so grateful if you could point me in the right direction!

oo yes if anyone had any essay plans for p2 US i’d be very grateful xox
ye

yeah very possible, going to plan both, we could get a structural on PM relationship with cabinet, lobbying, party make-up etc.

Feel free to DM me and I can send you the document that I made where I'm answering every 9 marker possible really

I feel like after they did PM/Cabinet as a 25 marker on Paper 1, they surely wouldn’t ask it here too? I absolutely hate the comparative theory questions to be honest.

My account is too new to DM! Are you able to send it to me yourself? I’d be super grateful!
I feel like after they did PM/Cabinet as a 25 marker on Paper 1, they surely wouldn’t ask it here too? I absolutely hate the comparative theory questions to be honest.

My account is too new to DM! Are you able to send it to me yourself? I’d be super grateful!

They could, but I think it'd be unlikely. I don't mind them, it's just like any 9 marker (3 paragraphs) with a definition of the said theory at the start. It does feel a bit weird though, realistically they shouldn't be in the exam

my account is new today, so it says I can't DM you yet, is there a social media or something you'd like me to message you on?
They could, but I think it'd be unlikely. I don't mind them, it's just like any 9 marker (3 paragraphs) with a definition of the said theory at the start. It does feel a bit weird though, realistically they shouldn't be in the exam

my account is new today, so it says I can't DM you yet, is there a social media or something you'd like me to message you on?

My Twitter handle is the same as my username on here, so I’d appreciate a DM!

9 markers are so hit and miss in general. Usually I can get 27/27 but sometimes the most random question can come up, especially in Paper 2… and I really badly screwed up the essay on Paper 1 so I really can’t afford to not do well in Paper 2! Nervewracking.
Messaged you
My Twitter handle is the same as my username on here, so I’d appreciate a DM!

9 markers are so hit and miss in general. Usually I can get 27/27 but sometimes the most random question can come up, especially in Paper 2… and I really badly screwed up the essay on Paper 1 so I really can’t afford to not do well in Paper 2! Nervewracking.
Reply 18
hi, please could you link all the possible 9 markers on the forum, thank you

ye

yeah very possible, going to plan both, we could get a structural on PM relationship with cabinet, lobbying, party make-up etc.

Feel free to DM me and I can send you the document that I made where I'm answering every 9 marker possible really
Reply 19

can you message me on insta- jiapanesar
ty smmmm xox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending