Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    Love HxH to death! So good.
    Agreed! I finished it recently and I'm still going through withdrawals. Killua is GOAT.

Anyone else here watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm 70 episodes in and absolutely loving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Agreed! I finished it recently and I'm still going through withdrawals. Killua is GOAT.

Anyone else here watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm 70 episodes in and absolutely loving it.
    I heard that LoGH was good, really good - but it's so slow at the start and I keep stalling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    I heard that LoGH was good, really good - but it's so slow at the start and I keep stalling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many episodes have you seen? I agree, it is a little slow at the beginning, but I quickly got used to the pace of the show since it's scale is just incredible. I haven't even finished it yet and it's already on my favourites list. I'm a big war drama nerd
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Has anyone watched a colourful lil' piece called Katanagatari?
    Yes, a brilliant series. Plenty of good action and dialogue. It was interesting watching it as it aired too - one episode a month, with different gaps in between each ep, to represent the amount of time the characters spent travelling from one area to another. Brilliantly thought out. :yes:

I watched it a year or two back, and it's made my all time top 50 list. I can see why the pacing wouldn't be for everybody, especially at the beginning when there's a huge number of names, characters and all the world building and politics to take in, but sticking with it certainly pays off.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen School Rumble? Just started it and I'm obsessed with it!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I used to read the manga, until Del Rey/Tanoshimi stopped releasing it. Definitely one of the series I most regret having to leave unfinished. :sadnod:

I did also marathon the first anime series a few years back, but for whatever reason I didn't find it as good. Suppose I already knew what was going to happen from the manga, and it's not really action-packed or pretty enough to benefit that much from the animation IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching Kingdom. It's starting off pretty boring and the art was ugly but I've got about 11 episodes in and it seems to be getting better.

LOTGH is awesome!

(Original post by Red Fox)
    Started it today, loving it right from the start.
    I'm tempted to watch it all over again.

ReputationRep:
    School Rumble is the bomb. I loved that show so much. The last few episodes are rubbish, but the first and second season are fantastic in general. Lots of laughs and fun all around.

ReputationRep:
    I started watching Castle Town Dandelion, and am really liking it. A lot of cliché and cringe moments, but I really feel the humorous moments and fairly interesting plot make it worth watching imo. Nothing stellar, but worth a watch nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I recently started watching Kill la Kill on Netflix, I had no idea how much fun this show is. A lot of funny moments mixed with a whacky plot and characters - I can see this becoming a favourite of mine if it keeps it up

ReputationRep:
    I recently started watching Kill la Kill on Netflix, I had no idea how much fun this show is. A lot of funny moments mixed with a whacky plot and characters - I can see this becoming a favourite of mine if it keeps it up
    Just a wacky show you can turn your brain off and watch, it's fantastic. It just keeps getting better and better as you watch more and the OST is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen Boko no Pico? :perv:

ReputationRep:
    oops double post

ReputationRep:
    I think any HxH fan would like this, it made me laugh a lot. God bless Togashi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUIQLWwLYU

ReputationRep:
    The soundtrack for KLK is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still keeping up to date with One Piece?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still keeping up to date with One Piece?
    It lost me at the dress rosa arc- like 20 episodes away

How about you? What's going on? I don't mind spoilers regarding one piece

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think any HxH fan would like this, it made me laugh a lot. God bless Togashi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUIQLWwLYU
    Edward Elric now looks like Killua???? :eek:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    It lost me at the dress rosa arc- like 20 episodes away

How about you? What's going on? I don't mind spoilers regarding one piece

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You never abandon OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Edward Elric now looks like Killua???? :eek:

You never abandon OP
    lol blame TSR for not letting me change my username, on that HxH hype right now.

ReputationRep:
    lol blame TSR for not letting me change my username, on that HxH hype right now.
    Lol hype? Is it back? :eek4:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.