The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm watching it now :rofl:
Reply 2
Haha. Don't usually like Russel Howard that much but that is brilliant.
Reply 3
:rofl: Missed this series so far, I'll watch it on iplayer. He's hilarious :toofunny:
Reply 4
Ah Russell :love:
Reply 5
Russel Howard is not funny.
His joke rests on the other mans lack of education and sobriety.
It's amazing to see how many of you are charmed by his goofy face, blond hair and **** humour.

"The bloke who lives in a cave, he wants Sharon Law, I don't want a woman forcing me to speak Mosque".........awkward silence broken by laughter samples

*cretinous accent, "I've never read a book"- Rolf.....?
(edited 13 years ago)
Muslamic Law.... ROFLCOPTER
Reply 7
I for one am glad we have patriots like that guy defending our country from the Muslamic Infidels! I feel safe now.
Original post by B-Man.
Russel Howard's Good News show takes an in-depth look into the EDL:

He's so right though :biggrin:

As far as I'm concerned people like that boy are what's wrong with England. I'd take 10 foreign people (who could probably get a higher grade in say an English GCSE then this guy could) over him.

I'm aware I'm gonna get negged for this but I can trace my family's history in England all the way back to when things started being recorded but unlike this scum I don't think that gives me anymore right than anyone else who was born here, or even anyone else that contributes significantly to society. A guy on my street's only been here 20 years but he's a doctor who's saved probably thousands of lives and if you ask me he deserves to be here more than me. I just don't think like these people (EDL and the BNP).
That guy= the average EDL member.
I love Russell Howard :smile:

It's nice to have good comedy that isn't based on how depressing the news is all the time.

That particular video however is just inherently funny itself :p:
Reply 11
Why aren't there any doctors, lawyers, businessmen or any other kind of professionals in the EDL?

Does EDL only represent British chavs?
Original post by 4ttari
Why aren't there any doctors, lawyers, businessmen or any other kind of professionals in the EDL?

They 'represent' the white working class- ie. those who beleive that immigrants have taken their jobs/council homes/communities etc. The reason there is a lack of professionals is that

1. professionals are usually middle class and therefore more socially mobile
2. professional careers tend to still be dominated by middle classes and are overwhelmingly dominated by white british people.
3. the middle classes live in suburbs where only affluent immigrants could ever move into.

basically, the EDL is simply the mobilisation of the working class into challenging the political elites- however, because they cannot really present an economic arguement, they present a social one- ie. immigrants keep taking my job and muslim immigrants are the easiest thing to blame it on.

The EDL surprisingly are the product of Marxist theses....which is ironic as they seem to hate the 'loony lefties'. go figure
Reply 13
Original post by 4ttari

Pretty much.
Reply 14
Fair enough, and the bloke is clearly an idiot, but I can't imagine the network that broadcast that taking a keen view if Russel Howard was criticizing how stupid the extremists are. Bit of a double standard.
Reply 15
He missed the bit about muslamic ray guns :frown:
Lolerkins.
Original post by hamijack
He missed the bit about muslamic ray guns :frown:

That's what I was thinking. Easily the best bit as well. Here's the full interview for those who haven't seen it...

Reply 18
Now... LETS REMIX!
(edited 13 years ago)
Haha, I cannot even come to terms as to what 'EDL Britain' would be! The douche can't even string a sentence together...I can only laugh at the immense thickness of the guy! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending