The Student Room Group

Optometry or dental hygiene and therapy

Hi everyone, just got a quick q: would you rather optometry or dental hygiene and therapy?, i know its my choice but i would like to hear from others there opinion.

Thank You
Hi there, by studying Optometry the work stations will be cleaner, more comfortable, and less complicated in the future. But dentistry will be a more challenging job and has a wide range of options which will appear to be messier in times. If you want to do procedures all day you can choose dental hygiene and therapy, if you prefer chilling in an office then Optometry is the one. Being a dentist is hard work, you'll sit and do procedures all day and it usually pays better than being a Optometrist.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Best wishes,
- Howard
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Original post by questions53
Hi everyone, just got a quick q: would you rather optometry or dental hygiene and therapy?, i know its my choice but i would like to hear from others there opinion.

Thank You
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there, by studying Optometry the work stations will be cleaner, more comfortable, and less complicated in the future. But dentistry will be a more challenging job and has a wide range of options which will appear to be messier in times. If you want to do procedures all day you can choose dental hygiene and therapy, if you prefer chilling in an office then Optometry is the one. Being a dentist is hard work, you'll sit and do procedures all day and it usually pays better than being a Optometrist.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Best wishes,
- Howard
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Hi, so would you say the pays better in dental hygiene and therapy than optometry?
Reply 3
Original post by questions53
Hi, so would you say the pays better in dental hygiene and therapy than optometry?

heya what did u decide?

Quick Reply

Latest