Reply 7981
Original post by Dentalprodigy
Just picked these Timberland boat shoes up for £40
81rHGh37UAL._SL1500_.jpg
(click image to enlarge)

Not at all cliched.
Original post by py0alb
Not at all cliched.

They're classic shoes and they look good, who cares?
What shoes do you guys wear with shorts? At the moment I'm looking at boat/deck shoes. Just something to slip on barefoot really.
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
What shoes do you guys wear with shorts? At the moment I'm looking at boat/deck shoes. Just something to slip on barefoot really.

oops misread your post
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7985
Original post by py0alb
Not at all cliched.

I've honestly agreed with everything you've said in this thread... I used to post quite actively in the fashion forum but it's just full of absolute ****ers now.
Reply 7986
Original post by Dentalprodigy
Just picked these Timberland boat shoes up for £40
81rHGh37UAL._SL1500_.jpg
(click image to enlarge)

Are clothes on Ebay second hand?

I have no experience of using it but seems a lot of people shop on it.

opinions?
Reply 7988
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
They're classic shoes and they look good, who cares?

I wouldn't exactly describe them as classic, seeing as they have gone in and out of fashion (and classic clothes generally don't).

Every single style clueless teenager in England has figured out that boat shoes are in fashion (about 2 years too late, but nevermind), so if you want to look exactly like every other clueless 14 year old who just blindly follows the latest trend, then these shoes should be right up your street. If you're older than that, then you should perhaps think about something slightly more original.
Reply 7989

flipflops, or trainers if I'm playing sport or walking a long way.

Shorts are not smart, there's no point trying to make them so, you're wasting your time.
Original post by toastehmonstah

opinions?

Is that from the arkclothing website? I got a hoodie just like that from ark (think it is the same one) and it looked nice online but I didn't like it when it arrived at my house. It was too small (even the largest size) and it was not the colour it was online (online it seems like a burgundy colour but when I got it, it was more of a dark purple colour).
Reply 7992
Original post by toastehmonstah

opinions?

Like. Looks stylish, comfortable and versatile.

Dislike. Who or what is Arden and why would you want it written on your chest?
Original post by py0alb
flipflops, or trainers if I'm playing sport or walking a long way.

Shorts are not smart, there's no point trying to make them so, you're wasting your time.

Shame I despise flip flops really.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by py0alb
Dislike. Who or what is Arden and why would you want it written on your chest?

At a guess I'd say it's supposed to be a college, tying in to this lame 'varsity' trend that the high street has come up with for the kiddies this SS season. Problem is, Colville, Washington doesn't have a college. Asos made it up. Colville is a backwater 'city' (can a population of 4,600 really constitute a city? We have bigger villages over here...) with a stagnant population (basically the same number of people living there now as there was 30 years ago) and an ageing population due to the mass emigration of young people in to College towns/cities with better educational and employment prospects.

Basically it's a lame implementation of a lame trend.
Reply 7995
Shame I despise flip flops really.

Curious, what do you wear on a baking hot summers day when you're just chilling out, popping to the shops, having a bbq?
Original post by py0alb
Curious, what do you wear on a baking hot summers day when you're just chilling out, popping to the shops, having a bbq?

Normally something along the lines of a shirt (sleeves rolled up if long sleeved) or t shirt with beige or navy shirts and converse all star high tops (no socks). Suits my slightly nerdy personality and I've received compliments for it, but converse can get a bit toasty around the toe area (the rubber and all). If I'm at my own hours I'll just kick around the garden and house barefoot but it always feels strange to do so at friends houses.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7997
Normally something along the lines of a shirt (sleeves rolled up if long sleeved) or t shirt with beige or navy shirts and converse all star high tops (no socks). Suits my slightly nerdy personality and I've received compliments for it, but converse can get a bit toasty around the toe area (the rubber and all). If I'm at my own hours I'll just kick around the garden and house barefoot but it always feels strange to do so at friends houses.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, but don't converse's without socks a) give you blisters, and b) make your feet really, really, really hot?

I can't imagine it would be confortable. I'd much rather wear flipflops, they're fantastically practical for hot weather - its like being barefoot, except you can walk around on hot tarmac etc.
Original post by py0alb
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, but don't converse's without socks a) give you blisters, and b) make your feet really, really, really hot?

I can't imagine it would be confortable. I'd much rather wear flipflops, they're fantastically practical for hot weather - its like being barefoot, except you can walk around on hot tarmac etc.

No blisters, but the toes do get a bit toasty with the rubber, I may just go for some nice flipflops and keep some trainers in my car for driving. Do you go for leather flipflops or rubber?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7999
No blisters, but the toes do get a bit toasty with the rubber, I may just go for some nice flipflops and keep some trainers in my car for driving. Do you go for leather flipflops or rubber?

Leather. I find the rubber ones are uncomfortable between the toes.

I don't wear them every day in the summer, but they are good on the weekend if you're just having a casual day without a great deal of walking. I find I can drive in them just fine.

Latest