The Student Room Group

too late to change course application?

I've applied to study undergrad fashion marketing at Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds and UAL. I'm now thinking that I would be more interested in a degree in politics. I've received offers from UAL and Manchester for my chosen course however I haven't heard back from Leeds yet. Am I too late to change my application for Leeds to politics? Any advice on how to potentially change my course to politics on hope of starting in the 24/25 academic year would be appreciated.
Did you use 3 of your 5 ucas choices or did you apply to multiple courses at one of your universities?

It’s never too late - ring Manchester and Leeds and ask if they’ll consider changing your course choice over.
Reply 2
Original post by conna
I've applied to study undergrad fashion marketing at Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds and UAL. I'm now thinking that I would be more interested in a degree in politics. I've received offers from UAL and Manchester for my chosen course however I haven't heard back from Leeds yet. Am I too late to change my application for Leeds to politics? Any advice on how to potentially change my course to politics on hope of starting in the 24/25 academic year would be appreciated.
You need to speak to Leeds Admissions.It is a bit of a one eighty isn't it?Do you have required. a levels for course ?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Did you use 3 of your 5 ucas choices or did you apply to multiple courses at one of your universities?

It’s never too late - ring Manchester and Leeds and ask if they’ll consider changing your course choice over.
I used 2 on Manchester for the fashion marketing course and the fashion management course, same with UAL, so I have 2 choices at UAL + Manchester then the 1 at Leeds, thanks for your advice I'll be sure to ring them :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Scotney
You need to speak to Leeds Admissions.It is a bit of a one eighty isn't it?Do you have required. a levels for course ?
Yes I've checked, I take three traditional academic subjects (their requirement for politics is two) and my predicted grades (A*AB) are sitting above the requirement (AAB).
Reply 5
Original post by conna
Yes I've checked, I take three traditional academic subjects (their requirement for politics is two) and my predicted grades (A*AB) are sitting above the requirement (AAB).
Ok good.I would second PQ's advice.Let us know how you get on.
Original post by conna
I used 2 on Manchester for the fashion marketing course and the fashion management course, same with UAL, so I have 2 choices at UAL + Manchester then the 1 at Leeds, thanks for your advice I'll be sure to ring them :smile:

In some ways that’s better - you can switch one of your Manchester choices and keep the other option open for now.

FWIW for anyone looking at this thread in future who might be planning to apply for fashion marketing - russell group universities are NOT the best option for fashion marketing courses. The Manchester university course is big (because lots of teachers 17/18 year olds buy into the RG bs) but it’s not even the best fashion marketing course in Manchester. Man met actually attends graduate fashion week and has fashion industry contacts - manchester and Leeds universities (and UAL doesn’t attend GFW either) don’t. If you want to get into fashion marketing look at the universities shortlisted and winning prizes for fashion marketing and comms categories at GFW and throw the russell group in the bin.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending