The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8221
Original post by Kennyy
Yes, the big badge looks like ****.

Can't say they're not good quality polos though!
Original post by DanP4
Can't say they're not good quality polos though!

I'd be very suprised if those polos were real to be honest - Ralph Lauren is the clothing brand with the most counterfeit items on Ebay and those polos are way below retailer wholesale prices. Its more likely they're reasonable quality fakes.

Either way those polos look embarrassingly chavvy.
Original post by RobML
Which chinos do you think are better?

2nd are nicer. 1st ones look way too slim.
Reply 8224
For less than £400 (including sales) where are the best quality suits available :beard: and how much are the MtM suit places that have been mentioned by a few other people? And are they fused or a loose chest piece?
Trying to think of other places except G&H which might fit me better when I leave there in a few weeks.
Original post by Hectorious

Yay or nay?

Not sure it would go with my many of my trousers though.

link?
How tight should a polo shirt be?

I bought one during the week and its quite tight, its a small but the length is perfect. Its not uncomfortable, its just fits tightly around my chest and arms.
Reply 8227
Original post by Tom_Andrews
How tight should a polo shirt be?

I bought one during the week and its quite tight, its a small but the length is perfect. Its not uncomfortable, its just fits tightly around my chest and arms.

If it feels tight... its too tight. Buy clothes that fit properly.
Reply 8228
Original post by py0alb
If it feels tight... its too tight. Buy clothes that fit properly.

Not at all. If you've got the body to pull it off there's nothing wrong with tight at all.
Reply 8229
Yay look who is back!

I bought a really nice shirt from the BR sale yesterday, go and look.
Reply 8230
Original post by Guerlain
Not at all. If you've got the body to pull it off there's nothing wrong with tight at all.

If you've got a good body, the girls will notice it underneath a well fitting shirt. You don't need to try and squeeze into a child's size to try and "show it off", you just look like an idiot. Far from attracting positive attention, your poor dress sense will distract them.
Reply 8231
Hi me again, thanks for all the useful help regarding the shirt/tie issue. I have another small question. Prior to the AC tomorrow, we have a presentation/dinner tonight, and as you probably all know, its really hot. Could I get away with wearing a polo, grey, plain Lyle and Scott with a pocket, buttoned up and suit trousers/shoes, or do I just have to brave the heat and whack the suit on?

Edit: The brief also says "Smart Business Attire"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8232
What is very hot :confused:

Is the presentation dinner thing going to be formal dress or not. Either way a polo with suit trousers is a very very weird idea. It sounds like something a 15/16 year old would say as the have always been stuck in uncomfy, ill-fitting suits with cheap and not cotton shirts or something that a Chav would believe to be a smart outfit.
Original post by Ben_S
Hi me again, thanks for all the useful help regarding the shirt/tie issue. I have another small question. Prior to the AC tomorrow, we have a presentation/dinner tonight, and as you probably all know, its really hot. Could I get away with wearing a polo, grey, plain Lyle and Scott with a pocket, buttoned up and suit trousers/shoes, or do I just have to brave the heat and whack the suit on?

Thats your answer right there. Turn up in a polo and kiss that job/internship goodbye.
Reply 8234
A polo shirt with suit trousers? One of my mates at uni used to dress like that. He just looked a bit odd - like he'd lost his wardrobe in a fire or something and this was all he had left.

"Smart business attire" means a suit.
Reply 8235
Original post by Tokyoround
Thats your answer right there. Turn up in a polo and kiss that job/internship goodbye.

I didn't even see that edit :lolwut: ****ing hell what world do some people live in.
Reply 8236
Original post by Mess.
What is very hot :confused:

The weather..
Original post by zjs
The weather..

I know, definitely rocking the shorts for college tomorrow :smile:
Reply 8238
Can't wait to get back to England and bust out the shorts + flip flop combo.
Not that I'm not already doing that at home :biggrin:
Reply 8239
Original post by Ben_S

You would look like you were in at the locker room at the golf club after work getting changed for a quick round, and halfway through the fire alarm went off, and that's what you ran out wearing.

Latest